E60 bmw i drive fault

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Alexmck

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
my ccc works very odd time, when cold mostly, after that it reboots in a continuous loop afterwards, any where local can repair these or is it doable myself? Cant find a replacement anywhere
Willswheels could he help me if someone could tag him for me ? Thanjs

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Quite common for the CCC to let go.

Had one go in my E60 years ago.

Check to see if there is any fault codes stored in the CCC unit as its listed as a module for diagnostics.

Also make sure your battery isn’t on its way out as it can cause random stuff.

Theres two modules in the boot under the carpet one is a power module to the iDrive so worth checking theres no scorch marks or water

I have a spare unit there but its from an E92 so would be no use to you.

colin84

RMS Regular
I sent mine to a place on eBay to be repaired, I also needed to replace the power module in the boot as water had been leaking into the wheel well. Later down the line the I drive started to freeze, which turned out to be caused by the Bluetooth module.

Also check the drivers side of the bulkhead for water.

Alexmck

RMS Regular
OP
Alexmck
Drives
Golf
It works first thing in morning, then wont turn on again aftwards, i dont think it has bluetooth? Its. 05 535 sport

Alexmck

RMS Regular
OP
Alexmck
Drives
Golf
Do i need a ccc from a widescreen or will small screen one work aswell? I dont care about sat nav working aslong as everything else does

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
The CCC did suffer overheating issues, check to see if the fan is working as they are detachable and easilly fixed.

The smaller screen will fit yes but not sure what it will display in terms of nav

Alexmck

RMS Regular
OP
Alexmck
Drives
Golf
Dont think fan works, it hasnt worked today at all so going to send it away for repair, no idea where to, is there anywhere here that can do it

colin84

RMS Regular
It could well be caused by the fan not working then, especially only working when cold. They build up a lot of heat and can even overheat in hot weather as there is nowhere for the air to circulate. Try pulling the unit out with it plugged in, see if the fan is turning on the back.

I couldn't find anywhere local, guy on eBay fixed mine for about £150.

willswheels

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW!
We would also recommend rebuilding. It's the way to go with the older electronic modules as unless you're replacing with new, it's just going to be the same story again later.

Alexmck

RMS Regular
OP
Alexmck
Drives
Golf
Who do you reccomend for rebuilding? Iv got one same code from traynore will maybe send old one away for rebuild

Alexmck

RMS Regular
OP
Alexmck
Drives
Golf
Got one from traynors, no good same fault, tried another out of a m5 and its working perfect just no sound so still need one, anyone know where i can get one ??

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Got one from traynors, no good same fault, tried another out of a m5 and its working perfect just no sound so still need one, anyone know where i can get one ??

The reason the one out of the M5 is not getting any sound is because it won’t be coded to your car, the M5 probably came with a higher sound system which the CCC was looking for.

When I upgraded my CCC to a CIC the sound wouldn’t work until it got coded to the car as my car had a different speaker setup than the donor car.

Alexmck

RMS Regular
OP
Alexmck
Drives
Golf
Yeah i know that why no sound, its just in to confirm it is deff the ccc at fault, hasnt played up since so deff need one

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Give Railway Auto spares in Ballynahinch a ring they usually have a few E60s in for breaking

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
@Alexmck theres a smashed E60 M5 in Armagh, I noticed he said he has a working CCC. Could that be of any use to you?

If you need i can code a replacement CCC to your car for free

912DD62B-3651-4BE6-A490-F887483011DE.png

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.