E92 M3 Project

Marynarz

RMS Regular
Drives
Alpina B3 Bi
Car looks great! Wondering if you are taking it to Stormont tomorrow for the show?

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Superb efforts indeed, very well done.

I love the wheels that are on it, wouldn't rush to change. They're actually refreshing amongst the wash of E92 M3s with 359's fitted.

LCI tail lights fairly modernise them!

Matthew97

RMS Regular
OP
Matthew97
Drives
Anything
So have put around 800 miles on the car so far.
Only issue being the anti roll bar bracket decided to come loose. Not the end of the world but a rather unnerving noise for a bit 😂
Got a carbon spoiler for it that definitely needs taken off and refitted, and finally some genuine comp wheels for it too.
Some tyres and maybe a front splitter coming up next 😅

PXL_20230614_203025526.jpg

PXL_20230614_205721328.jpg

Matthew97

RMS Regular
OP
Matthew97
Drives
Anything
I work for another BMW retailer so id say my skin would flare up if I drove to JKC 🤣

Would love to make it but can't this time!

Matthew97

RMS Regular
OP
Matthew97
Drives
Anything
Haven't updated this in quite a while, just been enjoying the car and driving it far too much over the last 9 months.

Few changes made just to improve the car however over the course of the last few months.

The old gearknob was disgusting, was worn through and the top was starting to fade. Wasn't a massive fan of the standard look so I bought a 6 speed manual knob from a USA version F10 M5, removed the leather piece from the surround on bottom and reused the old plastic. Fitted and it has improved it massively. Still illuminated, but weighted and now a shorter throw. Actually worked out cheaper than the original too.
Also popped in a new power/TC switch panel as the old one had fallen apart.

IMG_6679.JPG

FB_IMG_1711458142590.jpg

Went on to fit some tegiwa downpipes, removing the primary cats and then got the car tuned by evolve using their remote service. Absolutely transformed the car, and can definitely feel an improvement over stock. In my haste I neglected to take photos of the process so you'll have to trust me on that one.

PXL_20240325_215202543~2.jpg

Final little improvement was the front splitters. Tried to fit a set a few months back but they were horrid and didn't fit at all, so they got ripped off. Fitted these, with a full new OEM undertray as the old one was in tatters.

Next up will be some spacers, and a new OEM steering wheel 🤦‍♂️

Dan.86

RMS Regular
First I have saw this! Great work on it! Looks brilliant too.

One of these is on my list if I ever get a garage.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Haven't updated this in quite a while, just been enjoying the car and driving it far too much over the last 9 months.

Few changes made just to improve the car however over the course of the last few months.

The old gearknob was disgusting, was worn through and the top was starting to fade. Wasn't a massive fan of the standard look so I bought a 6 speed manual knob from a USA version F10 M5, removed the leather piece from the surround on bottom and reused the old plastic. Fitted and it has improved it massively. Still illuminated, but weighted and now a shorter throw. Actually worked out cheaper than the original too.

View attachment 429103
View attachment 429104

One of the first things I did when I had my E92 was replace the gearknob, the standard throw is ridiculously high! Though I went with a Clubsport gearknob from Cotswolds, which looks pretty much the same as above, bar the illumination. Really makes a difference.

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3

View attachment 429103
View attachment 429104

Went on to fit some tegiwa downpipes, removing the primary cats and then got the car tuned by evolve using their remote service. Absolutely transformed the car, and can definitely feel an improvement over stock. In my haste I neglected to take photos of the process so you'll have to trust me on that one.

View attachment 429105
Final little improvement was the front splitters. Tried to fit a set a few months back but they were horrid and didn't fit at all, so they got ripped off. Fitted these, with a full new OEM undertray as the old one was in tatters.

Next up will be some spacers, and a new OEM steering wheel 🤦‍♂️
Any reason you didn't go aftermarket on the undertray? That's next on my list to do.

Matthew97

RMS Regular
OP
Matthew97
Drives
Anything
Any reason you didn't go aftermarket on the undertray? That's next on my list to do.
I had looked at them, but was struggling to get anyone to actually agree to send it over here. Was going to end up nearly £300 to get it here. Standard stuff was over £100 less and I'm a sucker for OEM lol

Matthew97

RMS Regular
OP
Matthew97
Drives
Anything
So I managed to pick up a set of LCI lights, for way too cheap. Was going to wait a bit longer given they are usually £300 or so a set, but these happened to be available locally at a reasonable rate.
Couldn't wait to fit them, so got them in last night.

Before
PXL_20240303_174323626.jpg

Inner lights were quite faded and dull, so I took to them with some 2500grit and then a quick run over with a polisher after that. Not perfect, but came up a lot better within the time I had last night.
PXL_20240328_210248317.jpg

PXL_20240328_210148829.jpg

PXL_20240328_212750104.jpg

PXL_20240328_220934245.jpg

Supper happy with how they turned out. Car is away to get detailed today and I have asked the guy to give them another go over. Such an improvement over stock. Some coding tomorrow and they should be good to go.

Attachments

• PXL_20240328_220924385.jpg
    PXL_20240328_220924385.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 0

Matthew97

RMS Regular
OP
Matthew97
Drives
Anything
Are we going to be seeing it at Dubshed?
I think I'll head down on Saturday afternoon for a bit, not in the show or anything like that.
Never been before so will be a first for me!

Marynarz

RMS Regular
Drives
Alpina B3 Bi
I think I'll head down on Saturday afternoon for a bit, not in the show or anything like that.
Never been before so will be a first for me!
Shame, as l think you would have a good chance to get in! Then we could park next to each other, that would be something else 🔥🔥 Definitely apply next year if you still have her 💪🏻

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Great project.
As nice as the new wheels are I much prefer the ones that were on it at the beginning.

Good looking shed you have to work in as well 👍