End of an Era: Andy Cooper and Drifting (A Short History)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Would it be possible to change the 200 into a track car?
With little geometry adjustment and perhaps a longer final drive it could equally be a great time attack car. Needless to say I will be very sad to see it go, and I don't think I will enjoy the point when it sells one bit. It's taken me the most of this year to make the decision, so not one taken lightly.

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Quite shocked at this Andrew but if its the right time, its the right time. The motorsport bug is a hard one to shake as you are well aware of.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Quite shocked at this Andrew but if its the right time, its the right time. The motorsport bug is a hard one to shake as you are well aware of.

yeah, most people run their companies into the ground ensuring they can still go out rallying :p

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
Sorry to see this Cooper, watching you and following yourself over the years is def the reason I got in to drifting myself.

It's in the blood and I am sure you will be back and another form of Motorsport in the not to distant future.

I also heard that the D1 is ment to be returning to the uk to replace the EDC for 2014

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
@Cooper is this me waiting on a big "eeeeeeeeyoooooooooooooooooo"?

DSCF4113.jpg

Saw you do a few moves in this myself back in the day! Shame to see her go, will it be diesel dailies and a track day toy now?

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Saw you do a few moves in this myself back in the day! Shame to see her go, will it be diesel dailies and a track day toy now?
I've had a diesel daily since I started drifting! We will see what happens.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Well done @Cooper , you seemed to be doing very well in the drifting, im gutted I never got a run on the S though ;) Matt said its pretty dam rapid and loud lol

I really want to start doing track days myself now, driving on the roads just isnt as fun etc anymore ... Have a real craving for a 106 GTi solely for the track.

johnb740

RMS Regular
Drives
X3 3.0 SD
Ah so thats what you've been doing since the days of running about Mallusk with a 'Blue Beg' full of Old-E. :grinning:

Super read and great story.

As self appointed brand ambassador, I have to say, this thread reeks of E46 M3 track car build! 8-|

D4LY

RMS Regular
Drives
HOME ON A BOAT
I think we need to get a few sierra's and omegas gathered up again and have a proper bit of fun out round nutts corner and beyond

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
frig its not dear!
Priced it to sell really, very hard to price but it will become a permanent fixture if it doesn't go for in and around that. "What does it stand you" doesn't really come into it. What I can say is that it has brought me joy more than any other car and if it does sell, I will certainly miss it.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Seems a total bargain to me, lots of money, blood sweat and tears gone into that thing I have no doubt. Best of luck with the sale Andy, hopefully it goes before the weekend so you can pick up the tab! :p

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Such a cheap Drift car never mind a complete competition spec'd one. GLWTS @Cooper, are you going for Track days now etc I presume?

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Horrendous photo above.

Such a cheap Drift car never mind a complete competition spec'd one. GLWTS @Cooper, are you going for Track days now etc I presume?
A bargain indeed, but times are hard out there for buyers and I have to be realistic - I want it to sell and yes likely will do some track days in something else.

@IR Hillbilly ahh my eyes.

Miss the R33 too, but such is life, onwards and upwards!

Last edited:

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
its a shame in how drift cars are priced. As you get no where near what you want back for them or what it owes you. I see a local s15 done with rb25 running 500horse on forged build with all the tricks ya will ever need for less than 10k.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
It will be sad to see this car go, hopefully it will go to a good owner. Would love it but have no use for it.

All I can say is good luck with the sale and im privileged to have had a run out in it!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.