engine bay scrubbing...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
So I decided today to give the car a decent clean, though mainly the engine bay needed a real good cleaning, and having a few hours free went for it... Hands and fingers now aching from all the gunk/tar remover and polish in awkward places but heres a couple of (rather rubbish) pics. Oh and a few of the exterior while im at it.
Oh and bare in mind the car is 6 years old now and was owned by a mature woman so didnt really see a lot of attention.

Products used:
Turtle wax extreme car shampoo with megs wash mit
AG Super Resin
AG Extra Gloss
Poorboys Nattys Blue, wasnt overly satisfied so...
AG Extra Gloss to finish, which worked wonders. Find the sealant seems to really help it rather than the wax.
AG Bumper Care on all plastics and arch liners
AG Glass polish
And a bunch of others bits and pieces on random parts...

engine2.jpg

engine1.jpg

Quite proud of this one as most people know its hard work getting good reflections from a silver car.
rear1.jpg

interior.jpg

wheel1.jpg

side2-1.jpg

side1.jpg

Harry

RMS Regular
OP
Harry
Drives
V8
stupid tutors always arguing over money.... (y)

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Looks well man, the second pic is particularly mint! Whats the plans for her?

Harry

RMS Regular
OP
Harry
Drives
V8
Aye second pic is only one I could actually get to focus in the dull light... I'll get a few day ones sometime as the pics dont do a lot of justice.
No big plans really, nice set of 18s (as its second set from lexus are corroding already lol) and lowered suitably on coilovers... Decent exhaust and filter too perhaps. Lovely driving car really chuffed with it, just getting used to the less horsies now!

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
Jesus lad, that engine bay pic is amazing - you are more than welcome to do mine:p

Excellent results!

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Nice work, looking very well,

Having a go at mine tomor or next day

Think i'll just take it and get it all steam cleaned tho :p

Harry

RMS Regular
OP
Harry
Drives
V8
God no... finger tips are kinda sore now lol, I aint doing another engine bay for a looong time! Least I found a use for my tech wax though lol.

Ruth

RMS Regular
lovely motor this and already looked pretty damn clean!! engine bay looks great nice work harry :grinning:

Harry

RMS Regular
OP
Harry
Drives
V8
cheers for comments, next up major wheelarch cleanup. Although possibly rather pointless coming into this crappy weather, I like to know the whole thing is totally spotless when I own it.

Ruth

RMS Regular
good luck with that lol, i done dads brakes/arches etc and it was bogging the next day - pointless :sob:

Steveo@modifiedni

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3/Triumph
U getting new rimmage cos if not ya need to get them refurbished by the looks of it!

Apart from that man she is MINT!!

How r u affording this car? R u not like 21 lad!

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
fatboyslim said:
Oh and bare in mind the car is 6 years old now and was owned by a mature woman so didnt really see a lot of attention.

You forgot to mention her knob of a husband, looks very very well now super charge it :p

Harry

RMS Regular
OP
Harry
Drives
V8
Nah as much as a turbo or supercharger would be class, as it is a little underpowered, my days of splashing piles of cash into a motor are pretty much over.. May aswell use the money as firelighters!
And yes I have plans for a nice set of 18s in the pipeline too at some stage, yeah unfortunatly lexus alloys have a terrible habit of corroding, its already on its second set covered by warrenty and they already look ****e.
And almost, turned 20 a couple of weeks back!

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Lovely wagon mate and nicely cleaned up, good effort!!

I have to say with the silver car, if you keep it clean the reflections are always there :grinning:.

Enjoy it and keep it clean :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.