Enjoying the last of the summer sun on my CBR today...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Just thought I would share a route I took today, not roads I am familiar with (past ballymena anyway). I have a friend in work who wanted to get a run out with me this summer since he picked up his VFR 800 a couple of months ago and he lives in Portglenone, so my first task today was finding his house...
I live in Carrick so headed up to Doagh and up the Long shot to Ballymena, then from there into Ahoghill and finally to Portglenone. Stopped for a bite to eat with him then we set off towards Limavady, detouring off north to head to the coast.
We travelled north up the coast to castle rock and stopped for a coffee and a bun, in a fancy cafe up some stairs with a name I can't remember...
Then for the trip back we decided to get off the coast road because the amount of commuters was ridiculous so we headed for Kilrea and back into Ballymena, there we went our separate ways, he headed back home and I took the motorway Belfast bound, had to stop on the way home for petrol which is a first for me on the CBR, never been out long enough to use a full tank and then need more on the way home on her before!
Got home safe but absolutely splattered in dead flies, was a fun and fast paced day out but the riding was pretty intense most of the way, twisty, bumpy, high speed back roads all day. I am knackered now...
But being well rested for work is overrated anyway sure!

Clocked 172 miles today and now I don't mind if the bike is ready for winter hibernation.

Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 23.14.18.png

Not exact route but gives an idea!

Cheers,
Chris.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Not leaning far enough!

12 years ago I was doing 1.07 laps on a CBR600, now although I don't try as hard I'm doing 1.08 on a GSXR1000.

Old age is the problem, I've got some serious aches and pains today!

I should be doing 1.05 laps but it's always in my head that I have to ride home, it's an immaculate road bike and it has to stay that way.

CHARLIE11

RMS Regular
Drives
like a nutta
sunday was a great day for a blast on a bike. was playin golf in ballycastle and all i herd ALL DAY was bikes blasting the coast road. must have been hundreds out making the most of the last of the good weather.

never had a road bike, but it sometimes gives me an itch when i hear them ripping up the road...my dad and uncle raced in the dundrod races many many years ago, but its just never really appealed to me, love lookin and listening to nice bikes but thats about it for me..

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Colonial 1.........(have never got my entry speed right for it and always too slow for knee down, fishermans is way better but I've no pictures of it)

NLEQMNNAnLvRSpmAmYBxHLrLPwfrPeMqfd3HmuDaL-E

the tyre was worse but the 40 mile trip home smoothed it out a bit...........................

qm59F79huVF5DpTH-rmjmOGb4VPbBPk3KdNCCHDQFhc

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
As i suspected at the weekend but couldn't say on here... CBR is now sold! new toy arrived home yesterday :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.