ESB fob/NFC cards

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
We got the Kona today however a few days ago we applied for an ESB fob/NFC card. I've heard nothing back from them and had nothing through the post. How long did it take for the NFC card's to arrive?

Also sad faces the wife used a fast charger in Maxol in Antrim (thanks to the person who helped her) but it only charged at 20KW.. Charge is supposed to be 50KW and the car can supposedly handle (in the right conditions) 70~KW for CCS charging. Is this the norm with NI chargers?

Marc

RMS Moderator
We got the Kona today however a few days ago we applied for an ESB fob/NFC card. I've heard nothing back from them and had nothing through the post. How long did it take for the NFC card's to arrive?

Also sad faces the wife used a fast charger in Maxol in Antrim (thanks to the person who helped her) but it only charged at 20KW.. Charge is supposed to be 50KW and the car can supposedly handle (in the right conditions) 70~KW for CCS charging. Is this the norm with NI chargers?
Can you not use the app to start the charge whilst you wait on the card?

The Maxol in Antrim? Is that the Texaco at Jct 1? If so then the type2 plug is only 22kw.
The fast charger on this is the old Chademo connector for the old Zoe/Leaf etc.

adam1942

RMS Regular
OP
adam1942
Drives
2015 F56
*sigh* yes sorry I couldn't find their app before. She's away to try and charge now as the one 2 minutes from the house is free. Thanks Marc.

Maxol in Antrim (Maxol Townparks) is showing as 50kW on the 'zap-map' app so I thought it was higher. Thank you for the info.

adam1942

RMS Regular
OP
adam1942
Drives
2015 F56
Well that was interesting.. The app now just says "start charge rejected by the charge point." even though it shows port 1 operational and port 2 not available.. I assume that just means its broken overall?

Marc

RMS Moderator
was interesting.. The app now just says "start charge rejected by the charge point." even though it shows port 1 operational and port 2 not available.. I assume that just means its broken overall?
what a pain, doesnt sound like a great start to EV driving :worried:

If you ever have issues just give them a call, they are very quick to respond on the phone.

Jecks

RMS Regular
When I was waiting on my card I just rang them, 2 minutes later and I was charging away. Had to wait a while for the card to arrive and in the mean time ordered another. Now have 3 of them

adam1942

RMS Regular
OP
adam1942
Drives
2015 F56
Cheers folks - we're all good now. So it turns out the left port does not work for us. Right port does. We also have noticed cars parked in the left space but plugged into the right port (even though the left port does work for others!). So we suspect it's an issue. I called them last night and spent 25 minutes on the phone with them. Most of that was them trying to find sc115 in Crumlin... I had to explain we have a Crumlin up north was well as a Crumlin down south.. Once the person on the phone understood it was grand 5 mins and she confirmed it was broken and they've a call booked to get someone out. Got confirmation the cards been shipped but the app is 100%.

We had it plugged in for 1hr 50 and only managed to get 16.2kWh so even though it's a 22kWh charger and the car can accept 11kWh AC charging we got about 8-8.5. Overall not so bad.

The good news is we have Baird Electrical coming tomorrow with a ProjectEV charger so the worry will disappear. We're currently chugging along with the granny charger to just top it up ever so slightly :laughing:

Thanks for the help.