Estoril Blue 3 Series Convertible

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Moddie

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2 golf
Another joint detail from me and gary!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Started off with a 2 bucket method wash using Meguairs Shampoo Plus. Wheels were soaked with Meguairs Wheel Brightner 4:1, and agitated with a brush neat for some stubborn bits. The roof was cleaned using Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner and a brush, and rinsed with the powerhose. THis needed done 4 times and ended up cleaning with neat APC. Bodywork was then clayed using Poorboys clay and rewashed. Dried off using Sonus Der Wunder towels and Meguairs Last Touch as a drying aid.

Into the garage to inspect the swirling...

7.jpg

Doesent look too bad and didnt even under the halogens, but it was. It was actually a good colour at hiding defects in artifical light but it strong sunlight we had seen the extent of the swirling before.

8.jpg

Marring from the agressive poorboys clay

9.jpg

First up was Menzerna 106ff - white pad... It worked well but needed two hits so we upped to Menzerna Intensive polish on a yellow polishing pad. This worked better.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

The bonnet was particularly bad and needed numerous hits with the slow cut technique on an Orange Lakecountry CCS pad. Took gary almost 2 hrs to deswirl the bonnet!!!

In the meantime the camera was set down and wheels clayed with poorboys clay, Sealed with poorboys wheel sealent and the tyres were dressed with Chemical Guys New Look trim gel. The interior was hoovered, plastics cleaned with APC 10:1 and leather cleaned with simoniz leather cleaner.

vxrgary then followed up with Super resin polish and Chemical Guys Pete's 53 wax

19.jpg

18.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

No interior or engine pics because i forgot. It was actually a hard colour to photograph the results were more impressive in the flesh, but the owner was extremely happy with it!

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
That colour is gorgeous, very unusual! Doesn't look like Estoril to me though its hard to tell from the dodgy quality pics :p

Paul W

RMS Regular
Must just be the light as some of those google pics are the same. Cracking job all the same(y)

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
My monitor must be mucking about or something, looks like a real light greenish blue there, Estoril looks like this....

IMG_8337.jpg

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Definately is estoril blue - was wrote on the car under the bonnet in a few places!

Thanks for includin the pic of my boxers too Ryan. lol

Ruth

RMS Regular
LMAO i near fell over laughing at Vxr Gary and His boxers!!! haha!!!

Other than that it looks well - goes without saying now

EvoExtreme

Drives
GTR 34 V-Spec
It def is Estoril blue as it was bought as a special order ;)

The BM was in need of some serious TLC and I knew the lads would be just the people to sort it out. What can I say about their work that hasn't already been said? Absolutely stunning!! I have to say that the results are even more impressive when seen in the metal.

A huge thanks to them both for their magnificent work. Would recommend them to all - simply top notch!

Steveo@modifiedni

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3/Triumph
moddie + gary = legends now! lol!

Top job fellas, looks really nice. Once the funds are up a tad i will get you to do mine.

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Good work. Does that skyline belong to your family or have you just never gave it back to the fella.

Ruth

RMS Regular
Nah that is Trent's skyline, and his mum's bmw at Trent's house

RCT

RMS Regular
Alot of work involved there. The BM looks the part now. 2 people doing it is bound to make it a bit easier as you can give the arms a break now and again(y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.