EV tyres

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Tesla is needing a set of tyres, came orginally on Hankooks.

Been looking around for options & local tyre place will only sell me Tesla branded..

Question being, is it ‘compulsory’ to run only a tyre designed and branded ‘T or Tesla’ or will any of the same spec, load rating/speed/acoustic etc be ok, legally/insurance wise etc?

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
I went from Pilot Sport Acoustic to Primacy+, which were recommended by Black Circles. Slightly cheaper, and if anything, quieter.

TBH you could probably run anything half decent, BMW 5 series weighs the same and there's some of them flying about on Linglings.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
I went from Pilot Sport Acoustic to Primacy+, which were recommended by Black Circles. Slightly cheaper, and if anything, quieter.

TBH you could probably run anything half decent, BMW 5 series weighs the same and there's some of them flying about on Linglings.

Are the primacy + acoustic too? Currently running PS4's, Audi branded but same spec, local tyre fitter will only quote me for Tesla rated/branded which has me questioning myself!

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Parked beside a Model S the other day and noticed Lassa on it. I doubt were anything special.

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
Not an EV, but I just saw this on PH -

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
Look like semi slicks, Davanti have also started doing track day focused budget tyres, mightn't be too bad actually.
Perfect for when you've just dropped £12m on a new car and haven't got the budget left for the model specific tyres!
I presumed it was that there were more holes than metal in the brake disc
Check out the logo on the centre cap.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Perfect for when you've just dropped £12m on a new car and haven't got the budget left for the model specific tyres!

Check out the logo on the centre cap.
No idea, what is it? McLaren F1? Something old presumably given they are 17” tyres

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
No idea, what is it? McLaren F1? Something old presumably given they are 17” tyres
Yep, an F1 wearing Landsails.

You'd be gutted if you'd just done a Rowan Atkinson and the insurance refused to pay out because you were on non-standard tyres.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They own a F1. Already one step above anything most of us will be able to afford tbh :joy:

KevM

RMS Regular
I think they are AK01 Track day Semi-Slick tyres.

He's doing track-days in a McLaren F1 and the internet are looking down their nose at him 🤣🤣🤣