excellent shine!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

sean2006

RMS Member
well ppl i have just bought a new car and i goin to spend a day next week giving it a good old clean but im looking for some advice of which polish to buy as i want the paintwork to really shine. was looking into those autoglym packs in halfords. any suggestions??

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
If it was dark give it a run with 3M hand glaze/machine glaze, then some of this
AGUDS.jpg

Moddie

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2 golf
that ultra deep shine is ****e, SRP is better. If ur gonna buy off the internet i would say Something like Super resin polish then clearkote red moose machine glaze. I used this on an ibiza the other day and it done a brilliant job of hiding the swirls. Then either seal or wax it with something like Poorboys EXP or Collinite 476s for ultimate protection

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
that ultra deep shine is ****e, SRP is better.

Its the same as the trade Supreme Polish and I've yet to use better on dark cars. Removes more imperfections and lasts far longer than SRP (which is about as good as monkey spunk imo)

Moddie

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2 golf
What do ya mean lasts longer? its a polish its not suposed to last at all, their both full of fillers to mask imperfections but ultra deep shine has and sealant and wax in it too, its more of an all in one product. I done a 50/50 test of the 2 side by side and SRP was far glossier and darker and gave a much better finish.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
What I meant by lasting longer is how long it protects the paint if no wax is applied afterwards. I used SRP religiously for about 12 years, since I got my first car, and once I tried the Supreme Polish I never looked back. Having said that, I use it on the Makita, not by hand
SRP is marketed as an all in one product too btw

Ruth

RMS Regular
UDS imo is useless, and very hard to use. SRP rules on the buff as you can get a nice even thin coat ! I used to hate SRP by hand but i was just using it wrong, applying too thick, it only takes very very little!!

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
i find uds quite good - as long as its evenly spread its easy enuff to get off and brings my car up great

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
I've found that mixing SRP and UDS together gives decent results and makes it easier to work with.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.