Exhaust brackets help

Gaz168

RMS Regular
Can someone help with replacing a bracket tomorrow on a f82 m4 as shown in photo? Please??
20F9B86B-64A7-4F34-B012-09C1C283C9C6.png

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
A location will help if you’re looking for someone to give you a hand.

Halfords sell universal rubber exhaust mounts if you’re stuck, they’re about a fiver and would likely do you until you source a direct replacement.

Gaz168

RMS Regular
OP
G
A location will help if you’re looking for someone to give you a hand.

Halfords sell universal rubber exhaust mounts if you’re stuck, they’re about a fiver and would likely do you until you source a direct replacement.
Sorry.. would be Belfast direction

JH86

RMS Regular
Brackets fine, the rubber has failed not the actual bracket as such.

Infairness the replacement rubber will also fail again too, as an f82 would be relatively fresh and it would point towards aftermarket exhaust work causing the issues

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Rubbing off that plastic? Would a shorter stiffer power flex one maybe solve it slightly more longer term?

Gaz168

RMS Regular
OP
G
Brackets fine, the rubber has failed not the actual bracket as such.

Infairness the replacement rubber will also fail again too, as an f82 would be relatively fresh and it would point towards aftermarket exhaust work causing the issues

I do have a aftermarket single midpipe installed, and it’s around 3.5/4 inch in diameter which is nearly touching the floor of car, I assume the broken rubber is there to prevent it causing the vibrations

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Short term, cable tie it up until you get a replacement rubber mount

Wifes short term exhaust fix on the Q5 has held strong for 3 years :joy:

Gaz168

RMS Regular
OP
G
I just need someone to help replacing this asap, as the vibration are horrendous

brendy

RMS Regular
I just need someone to help replacing this asap, as the vibration are horrendous

Very easy to replace yourself if you have a jack in the car/at home. The old one pulls off and the new one pushes on. dont bother with harsher plastic types, these last pretty well enough. Or temporarily wrap a big cable tie round the rubber to reform and will do you for a while.

JH86

RMS Regular
I do have a aftermarket single midpipe installed, and it’s around 3.5/4 inch in diameter which is nearly touching the floor of car, I assume the broken rubber is there to prevent it causing the vibrations

I wasn't too far wrong then,

Where the exhaust lies now more towards the floor is where it wants to naturally be, and what caused the failure of mounting points

Could/should be a very handy fix but unfortunately it's not as handy as slapping a rubber in, would ideally need looked at to see if it could he rotated or something along them lines sort how it hangs