Exhausts-f/s,h/s or b/b?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jonny106

RMS Regular
Drives
Vtec....errr yo!
Im contemplating a full Scorpion exhaust for the Sport.Only trouble is the best quote i can get for one is just shy of 500 noop.I do have the money but feel wrong paying that amount of money for an exhaust when a half system is .....half the price and a back box is about 180.Has anyone here spent that amount on an exhaust-worth it or not?Opinions/advice welcome.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Quite a few people on seatcupra.net spend this. I know of a few that have spend this on a MIlltek system...personally i couldnt justify it

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
what happened to the mongoose?

£500?? wise up!! you know where it should be going.

sideways365

RMS Regular
Drives
X5
madness 500 for a full line..... best keep an eye on ebay as 2nd hand systems come up or new ones

jonny106

RMS Regular
OP
jonny106
Drives
Vtec....errr yo!
Lyons said:
what happened to the mongoose?

£500?? wise up!! you know where it should be going.

Ordered the Mongoose today-the group buy was taking ages but came together today.Should have it by the end of the week.:laughing:

jonny106

RMS Regular
OP
jonny106
Drives
Vtec....errr yo!
Gambit said:
mongoose are quality made systems but they are loud as ***, but a nice loud if you get me!

I hope your right-its meant to be quieter than the scorpion-only problem is its twin 3.5" pipes may look a bit large-but ill reserve my judgement until i get it.

jonny106

RMS Regular
OP
jonny106
Drives
Vtec....errr yo!
I ordered none of the Scorpions-went for a full Mongoose instead( i sound like Steve Irwin).Hopefully be a good job.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
was it about the £350 mark? i cant remember how much you said you'd be saving with the group buy.

fitting on saturday? ;)

gambit, saw your car outside video city on the belmont road the other eve. a treat indeed :grinning:

jonny106

RMS Regular
OP
jonny106
Drives
Vtec....errr yo!
Lyons said:
was it about the £350 mark? i cant remember how much you said you'd be saving with the group buy.

Good bit less than that (y) yes saturday could be the day indeed-bit of work needed to be done on a few cars before we possibly lose the pit:grinning:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
ill pop round to give some encouragement if you like. i can work on my install while you swear from the depths of the garage.

Gambit

RMS Regular
the one i had on my old golf and the same one that BBSboy has on his now was a twin 3.5 oval job, and it just fitted the recess perfectly. still havent seen a backbox sit as nice and defo wasnt oversized looking so should look right at home on the back of the beemer

Gambit

RMS Regular
Lyons said:
gambit, saw your car outside video city on the belmont road the other eve. a treat indeed :grinning:

im trying to drive it as much as possible(even if its only round the corner!!) in it to clock up the 1000 mile needed to let it bed its freshly rebuilt bottom end. its gotta be the longest 1000mile ever. keeping it under 4k rpm all day everyday is breaking my heart

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
ill drive it up and down to work in portadown everyday if you would desire?! ;)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
lol! a lesson learnt there. if it were mine, id be keeping a watchful eye over it. good job gambit.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.