F1 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Nice to see Webber on the podium for his last race. You would think that ****er in first would have let him win!! lol:p

Also Massa cant diff haha

scub

Banned
good to see - his "drive straight at corner and hope everyone else gets out of the way" style was never gonna cut it long term .
seemed fast on a good day - but not scalping lumps out of expensive f1 cars - f1 dodgems maybe !
that's vettel eating into a few of schumachers 'unbeatable' records too aint it.
like to see vettel in 3rd row of the grid type car to see how good he really is !!

pablo

RMS Moderator
I presume Di Resta will go - another limp performance yesterday.

Glad to see Button up there what a terrible year for McLaren Lewis defo jumped ship at the right time.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Di Resta is out, almost a certainty... Not enough money... And as good and deserving as he is, not quite up there to get a really good drive on merit...

Could see him doing really well in sports cars and GT (y)

stevyg

RMS Regular
Maldonado it close to a Lotus deal apparently. I think Grosjean deserves a better partner, he scored 132 times more points than Maldonado this year.
The race yesterday would have been a much better watch if the rain came. Although I did wake up for a second with a huge smile on my face when Vettel & Webber were parked in the pits waiting for tyres.

Glad the season is over, I think most people have had enough of the RB walk in the park. Really looking forward to next year, lots of changes, teams, cars, drivers... its well and truly long overdue.
As for next year, I think if Mercedes improve as much next year as they did this year, Hamilton & Rosberg will be awesome. I hope Ricciardo gives Vettel a run for his money and I think Alonso & Kimi could be ones to watch, if Ferrari get their act together which I think they will, they will be a power house next year.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Maldonado it close to a Lotus deal apparently. I think Grosjean deserves a better partner, he scored 132 times more points than Maldonado this year.
The race yesterday would have been a much better watch if the rain came. Although I did wake up for a second with a huge smile on my face when Vettel & Webber were parked in the pits waiting for tyres.

Glad the season is over, I think most people have had enough of the RB walk in the park. Really looking forward to next year, lots of changes, teams, cars, drivers... its well and truly long overdue.
As for next year, I think if Mercedes improve as much next year as they did this year, Hamilton & Rosberg will be awesome. I hope Ricciardo gives Vettel a run for his money and I think Alonso & Kimi could be ones to watch, if Ferrari get their act together which I think they will, they will be a power house next year.

Noooooo, i hope that isn't true. I love Lotus as a team, but don't like Maldonado one bit. I'd much rather see Hulkenberg in a Lotus next season :worried:

Definitely looking forward to next season, and very glad the snore-fest that was this year is over

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Would be a real shame if lotus/Renault were not on the grid...

Cannot imagine them missing out, but marussia or whatever staying...

Tough though for teams like Williams, lotus, etc...

stevyg

RMS Regular
I thought Lotus had a deal for next year, and that was part of Kimi finally getting paid etc?
If not, surely if we speak to @Cooper, with some RMS sponsorship they will be grand for 2014.

Reactions: C4L

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Lotus will most certainly be on the grid once the deal with the investor goes through- finally.

Maldonado looks a shoe in to partner Grosjean, no matter how much Sauber try to get him.

Hulk & Perez to Force India - Hulk's third team change in as many years. (Hulkenberg has been one of the best drivers on the grid this year, in my opinion)

One of the best seats available is the one at Sauber, definitely upped their game from the start of the year. faster than Force India which must be a concern to Hulk.

Shame it's all about the money now.

Shaun

RMS Regular
I think Williams could be a surprise next year. Bottas looks a decent driver and Massa has plenty of experience. Symonds back in F1 with them and Rob Smedley likely moving there aswell.

C4L

RMS Regular
Love it, miss the V10's though, best sound in my personal opinion. Not looking forward to next years... not that you can truely judge until they are all flying down towards turn 1 I suppose

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
peak power next year is supposed to be below 10,000rpm. must be to with the flow restriction & as yet unknown reliability.

glad to see the back of stupid sounding exhaust blowing, sounded rough as a bag of spanners!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
peak power next year is supposed to be below 10,000rpm. must be to with the flow restriction & as yet unknown reliability.

glad to see the back of stupid sounding exhaust blowing, sounded rough as a bag of spanners!

Rev limit is 15,000rpm. So hopefully they push them on to it.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA

I would suspect that peak torque may be below 10k but probably not peak power?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
tweet from Martin Brundle:
'Reading RaceTech mag re fuel management on 2014 F1 engines. Fascinating. Looks like peak power will be only 10500 revs though, 8 speed g/box.'

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
With a turbo I would have thought peak power/torque at lower revs would be expected... Kind of the point of a turbo... All depends on where in the rev range the turbo spools out...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
End of an era. Not sure it is the right thing to do for the team...

The future will tell I guess.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.