F1 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Really enjoyed that :grinning: Great highlights on BBC - they only showed Nico for maybe 10 seconds in total, lol, loved it :innocent:

Super battles behind the first two cars, and then Lewis driving like a man possessed through the field, lol. Maybe he went a bit too hard at times, but great racing for once :grinning:

Shame about Massa, but that one was in the "s--- happens" category for me.

Alonso and Ric had a great few laps together. The outcome was inevitable, but I bet they both had the best time ever. Great to see them putting on a show.

Poor Kimi got mobbed all over the place, lol. First caught between Lewis and Ric, and then in a proper sandwich between Alonso and Vettel - looked like everyone was just using him for target practise :cool:

Delboy23

RMS Regular
OP
Delboy23
Drives
EP3
yeah I see he went nowhere near nico on the podium, wee woman way he's getting on lately.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
OP
Delboy23
Drives
EP3
Anyone hear his comment after the race about the safety car not being deployed for sutil's spin?
Thought it was quite interesting!lol

30s in

Dave..

RMS Regular
@Delboy23 - Thanks for the video.
Okay can someone tell me what I should know in regards to no safety car?
I was surprised that they didn`t send one out.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
did Button say much about it after?

He did, in his usual understated way :grinning:

Something along the lines that with a car that much faster, there was no reason for Lewis to force his way past. And that he (Button) was not the only one Lewis had hit in the race.

But I guess that is the difference between somebody doing everything to get every single point they possibly can, as opposed to sitting back and settling for whatever they get. Sitting behind Button for another lap or two for a "clean" DRS pass could make all the difference.

But yes, Lewis was pretty aggressive, and took big risks. Even Coulthard was commenting that maybe he should back off a bit and think about the long game. But it was great watching :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
By feck, even @Woodcutter has to have some sympathy with Lewis after that... Barely managed a lap in qualifying before the feckin' car caught fire :worried:

And Ferrari really messed up with Kimi.

Kind of tuned out after that.

Another random final session with mixed conditions as well.

Good to see Bottas up there again, but other than that, not much to say...

See what happens in the race. If previous form is anything to go by, Lewis will be in full on attack mode. Which means either another brilliant recovery, or more tears, lol :grinning:

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
I did lol when I see the flames come out of the back of Hamiltons car :grinning:
Beers in the fridge for tomorrow.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Mercedes/Lewis say they will be lucky to get into top 10, outside chance of top 5. So I guess that is what their sims say, and they have been pretty accurate so far. One of the worst circuits for overtaking :worried:

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
This race shows the advantage mercedes have, the fact its a tough place to overtake and where hamilton started from and he is now 5th says it all. Their power owns the whole grid but rosberg is struggling in 3rd here. Been eventful so far, good race.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.