F1 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
As said before Lewis would rather beat Nico in a straight fight for the title.

Gloves will come off as soon as Mercedes win the constructors.

Get the feeling the majority of the paddock is willing Lewis on :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The way Massa gave Lewis space at the chicane, when he could just as well have squeezed him out, kind of supports that theory :grinning:

Are you taking into account the double points in the the last race?

Makes virtually no difference, works both ways. Pointless stunt.

Could still make a difference if it comes down to it. Every little helps (y)

Last edited:

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
There's still plenty of time for Hamilton to implode (hopefully)

Great to see Massa on the podium, he needed a clean race under his belt to bring home some solid points, job jobbed.

pablo

RMS Moderator
massa is useless, always has been. being wafted along on a good car imo. he only got a podium because he didnt have to race anyone.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
massa is useless, always has been. being wafted along on a good car imo. he only got a podium because he didnt have to race anyone.

He missed his chance in 2008 when Lewis was gifted the championship, had some bad luck and off form since then.. nice to see him having some moderate success tho

C4L

RMS Regular
he was never as good after his accident in 2009... as with happens with many drivers who've a big smash e.g. Ralf Schumacher. He was still pretty handy until then, even if not the full package he was often as quick as Schumacher & Raikkonen. He's been dreadful since and doesn't even deserve the Williams seat. I'm sure his experience and any knowledge from Ferrari to help development and Rob Smedley all had weighting factors in Massa and Smedley to Ferrari.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Same guy he has always had I think, same one that was told to tell him to move over for Alonso... Forget his name, good bloke.

stevyg

RMS Regular
I think Luca Di Montezemolo is an incredible leader, he built Ferrari on the shoulders of Enzo. Enzo was ruthless as a business leader and sometimes that ruthlessness got in his way but I can't think of anyone who could have built Ferrari better than Di Montezemolo. Luca took what was an expensive, unreliable, extremely exclusive & stubborn car maker and turned it into this humongous franchise of the worlds most desirable car brand while still maintaining its exclusivity. Thats pretty incredible considering they only sell 7,000 cars per year. I think hes done an amazing job with growing the Ferrari brand, Theme parks, branding luxury merchandise, the list goes on...I can go into Walmart and buy a Ferrari t-shirt, poster, cap, watch, notebook & pen plus don't forget the 14 world championships in 23 years. I fear that Marchionnes best interests for Ferrari are not out of passion and love of all that Ferrari stands for, but out of an analytic statistic on a piece of paper. Luca actually decreased Ferraris output but Marchionne wants numbers to grow and grow, and he may do that successfully but at what price to the brand? He announced he was taking Fiat out of Italy. What?! Its the largest manufacturer in the country and equates to over 5% of Italys GDP. Hes not in the good graces of a lot of Italians, especially those who are losing their jobs so I am apprehensive at what the future holds for Ferrari and their F1 team.
As for Luca Di Montezemolo, he should retire and enjoy his family who he talks about as his number 1 passion before Ferrari but I have a feeling the airline Alitallia will snap him up as their new CEO. I actually think an airline may have the right connections to make a decent F1 team, I always loved the colour scheme on the Lancis Stratos... hint hint Montezemolo!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Di Montezemolo to get $34.78 million severance package. Wow.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, Marchionne's hubris will cost Fiat and Ferrari dear (y) Sure it is pocket money for those companies anyway...

Boys at that level really are like kids in the sand pit.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
it was only this week I was tootling along one of our B roads thinking to myself, I would love to see an equivilant formula to F1 that had no pit radio, no telemetry. Certainly introduce all the modern toys to the cars, but the driver has to make all the decisions as and when is best to use the toys to gain an advantage

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
So basically no radio contact with the drivers from the pits.

What a load of complete balls. Instead of trying to make things better they are making them worse.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29161931

I actually think this is a good idea in principle, even if they might need to work on the wording a bit, and enforcing might be a bit of a challenge :grinning:

All this Lewis/Nico/whoever is gaining this and that in some corner or other, brake later/turn in sooner/etc.

Then again, the engineers absolutely have to tell them to change engine mode, or save fuel, or change brake balance because of wear, or driver X is gaining/loosing on you, or whatever...

Or they can tell the driver to brake later/turn in sooner/whatever in some corner or other, without referencing any other driver...

So maybe a bit pointless after all :grinning:

A bit like the "no team orders". Good idea, but impossible to enforce.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.