Fast cars for under 21?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
Cooper said:
How come? Because of factory figures?

How about figures from Evo magazine's test results:

Saxo VTS: 60 in 7.6 and 127mph top speed
106 GTi: 60 in 7.4 and 127mph top speed.

I think I could pull conflicting results from google all day :p

Andy

LOL, you are too easily wound up! Thats not the figures i have in my haynes, quoting vts 0-60 in 7.2.

Also, 106 gti 0-60 in form 8.2 is the widest quote from most sites....i think you'll find evo mag have misprinted.

Ev206 said:
Exactly the reason I decided to get a GTI and not a VTS, saxo drivers will always have the barry boy factor as shown throughout this thread. Saxo's will always be faster especially if they have neon washer jets lol
another one, too easily wound.....i bet my saxo is more standard that your 106, wouldn't have any tacky chit near me.

Anyways, lets agree one one thing.....both cars gti and vts are very fast for what they are, AND would be too close to bother mentioning.

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
:lol:

Well remember the 1st time you seen a 106GTI flyin about u thought' f8ck me thats a quick wee car(and you were well impressed)
Well in your VtsSaxo you will be ''Equally'' as impressive

That a v.nice comment 4 ya ;)

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
thx rik,

Ev206, i'm not over the hill yet.....i always read the small print too :p but i choose to ignore it, i know you love them really :grinning:

Cess

RMS Staff
Now to add my 2p's worth.... :grinning:

Any cove can buy a West Coast/East Coast/Gold Coast whatever (or indeed a VTR) and slap a set of VTS badges on it and make a replica. At least with the Pug there is that slight air of more exclusivity.

And before ye start, I know quikies looked like GTi's but there's not as many of them about

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Sir Sax said:
:lol: someone say something nice to me now please to balance out the *****.

:lol: . VTS's are one of the best handling front wheel drive hatchs out there :grinning:. (but i like the pug better ;) lol)

Sir Sax said:
Anyways, lets agree one one thing.....both cars gti and vts are very fast for what they are, AND would be too close to bother mentioning.

thats about the height of it!

Jason MacQ

RMS Regular
When it comes down to it there is a minimal difference. The shell varies barr the doors and roof and the goings on are equally as like for like.

Peugeot missed out when they stopped the XSI which rivaled the VTR which im my eyes is a very common small car. However for a jump of 7 groups for those precious 8 valves, abs, electric windows, a passenger airbag, and a split folding rear bench with headrests just doesnt cut it for me. The gti however at least offers the desirable optional extra of half leather which is a definate pro point which most people seem to go for.

Anyone who goes the vts over the leather fitted gti would need strong reasoning.

In my own opinion the vtr is far more reasonable, the quiksilver and westcoast/furio are again reasonable at group 5 and the lesser ones again are too highly grouped also, especially the diesel which is 4 or 5.

At group 14 id want something more than a french pocket rocket which will fold at half its speed. Needs a cage to be deemed safe, airbag smairbag.

Replica saxos are easily spotted - a badge is nothing. Citroen did their best to prevent this by making the vtr and vts door badges a mere £17 each. Bargin.

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
RMS_CLK said:
I like 106 gti's better! Something to do with the heritage! I would be prouder to own a peugeot than a ****ron.

0416320.jpg

Some ppl might be more concerned with the present than the past :lol: :lol: :lol:

Both Citroen & Peugeot are are owned by PSA and their cars share the same platforms ffs! I think that were going to see more and more manufacturer's doing this in the future to share the development costs of new models.

Back to the matter about a easily insured pocket rocket. The newer ones all seem to be attracting lower groupings. Likely due to increased safety/security.

The citroen c2vtr is only group SIX and with the latest updates for the sensodrive box, gmc 4-1 manifold & btb system, BMC CDA it reliably puts in 0-62 @ ~ 8 secs. Not VTS/GTI fast, but close enough...espeacilly with the bargin insurance :laughing:

If you don't like the sensodrive (which i was forced to have due too injury & have grown to like), the c2vts & mini cooper are only group 8.

Though off course you then have the extra expense of a new car :roll:

No east solution i'm affraid :cry: ........though I heard that insurance is very reasonable on the Isle of Man....wonder what property prices are likt there??? :idea: :idea: :idea:

jamesy

blacklightningcivic

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
Anyone know if its possible to insure a Civic type R @ 19yo?? I've phoned a couple of places everyone says you've to be older - one insurance company said i'd to be 30 before they'd insure me!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.