Final Trackskills Track Day of 2017 - Sunday 5th November.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

V8

RMS Regular

We can't guarantee that the Ghostbusters' Mobile will be there but we already have a good collection of cars coming to Kirkistown on Sunday 4th November. If you are coming to participate, please send an email to donal@mulsanne.co.uk

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Forecast for Sunday not to bad , brake pads and tyres have one more trackday in them , so be rude not to go .
Track usually not as grippy this time of year and Sunday is to be cold , so slower lap times but more fun , which reminds me , must clean the drivers and passenger door windows , oh the joys of 300 ish horses , cold damp tarmac ,and slicks , will have to be very careful or the back tyres could slip !!!! :cold_sweat:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Looking good so far, might actually finally make it out this year, yay!

Last day of the year also the first of the year :joy:

Probably jinxed it now though :innocent:

Corey_ek9

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda civic ek9
Will be down tomorrow also and know of at least 3 other people going hopefully the weather stays decent. See use there

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The usual start time, or starting earlier now we're on winter time?

Reactions: V8

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
"The usual start time, or starting earlier now we're on winter time?"

Officially, the usual time because it is Sunday but we will try to get the quiet cars off early.

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
Cars coming to the next track day, as of 4th November 2017.

• Mazda MX5
• Renault Kadjar
• Ford Ka
• Honda Civic
• RT Supercar
• MR2 Roadster
• Various BMWs
• Ford Focus
• Radical SR3
• Fiesta
• Mitsubishi Evo
• Alfa Spyder
among others.

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
Update!

Cars coming to the next track day, as of 4th November 2017.

• Mazda MX5
• Renault Kadjar
• Ford Ka
• Honda Civic
• RT Supercar
• MR2 Roadster
• Various BMWs
• Ford Focus
• Radical SR3
• Fiesta
• Mitsubishi Evo
• Alfa Spyder
• Lotus Elise
• Clio 197
• Corsa 1400
• Volvo 360
among others.

Corey_ek9

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda civic ek9
Great day out and brilliant turn out couldnt down the days to February already lol

Attachments

• IMG_20171105_194004_937.jpg
    IMG_20171105_194004_937.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 134

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Awesome first trackday of the year, lol :cool::innocent:

Great weather all day, except at lunch when there was a single tiny wee cloud in the sky. Right above me. And it was raining :joy:

Had forgotten just how cold Kirkistown gets, and how painfully uncomfortable the driving boots are. But a lap behind the wheel and everything forgotten, just brilliant fun!

Great variety of cars as well, from the hilariously brilliant to very well presented race cars. Some interesting stuff in the paddock parking throughout the day as well.

Marc

RMS Moderator
I had a great day, time to get some new tyres and pads over the winter months, I had some PFC carbon metallic pads and they have lasted me pretty much a year and Still have maybe one day left on them if I pushed it.

Had a brown trunks moment in the passenger seat when my brother spun the car on me between colonial 1 and 2. Thankfully no damage apart from a bit of mud on the tyres, thanks to the Marshall who helped get the car off the grass.

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
Had a passenger run out in Gavins Evo, it’s still some bit of kit going round Kirkistown but we were both impressed with the Grey Civic, hopefully they’ll both have good footage to post!

Attachments

• 67E20216-6F50-41AC-B09E-15A0CFAF83D9.jpeg
    67E20216-6F50-41AC-B09E-15A0CFAF83D9.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 126

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
That was great craic, I completely destroyed my week old front pads though. Apparently sparks were seen :laughing:

I suppose I should get some brake ducts... And better pads...

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Great day alright , cold dry conditions good for engines and easy on tyres and brakes , while still offering decent grip .
First session didn't look to promising as car had misfire from 5k revs and the brake pedal was almost hitting the floor ! pumping pedal didn't help , the misfire cleared and the brakes improved with each session . (y)
Agree the grey civic was flying very tidily driven , also a black civic ( newer model } quite a few cars lapping rapidly and consistently , good to see the yellow elise make a return , kirkers without Nicholas is like Christmas without santa ,! 0h and talking about santa need to get my letter written now and give him time to get my , radical ' sorted , I want a yellow one please santa ^o).
The Maserati was out as darkness fell, and the sound it was making in the twilight was a petrolheads anthem ,
Thanks to donal and the crew another well run day (y),

quimbasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Alphard /EP3
Another great day kirkistown, thanks to the whole team for braving the cold all day!! My car was going well today no issues out of the usual pad build up so need to look at a better combination of pad and discs over winter. Glad it was a dry day and could get the front slicks on for the day. Had a good few battles, one with the black e46 m3 looked like he was having a ball sliding out of fishermans. Some great driving. Tried to stick with jagged in the yellow M3 but hes just too quick for me! Another good few laps trying to go with the white Evo, he was pulling away on the straights so ill need to get more weight out over winter. The Maserati did sound crisp thats for sure!!

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
@quimbasher you must have gained 2secs a lap since the September trackday , not much between us now , if it was a race you could keep me behind you I reckon !
What have you changed if anything ?

quimbasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Alphard /EP3

Some footage of me chasing the Black E46 M3.

@jagged I havnt really changed much since September, i was going slightly better in Sept as i had a full set of slicks. I was still getting used to the grip and balance with the slick tyres and getting heat into the rears. Hopefully next year ill have some wider tyres and hopefully some less weight so may be closer to you next year with some luck!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.