Fines driver proves parking spaces are too small

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
I like the cut of this guys jib. His name also sounds like the lead in a Tarantino cowboy movie.

Jago Lawless, 46, was fined £80 for not parking his Hyundai i10 within a bay at Southampton Central station about a week ago.

After receiving the ticket, the naval architect measured the space and said it was "too small for an average-size car".

Driver proves Southampton Central station parking bays 'too small' - BBC News

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
I think I read somewhere that Ireland has the smallest average parking spaces in either Europe or the world. Hardly surprising considering I have to squeeze out of any car I'm in. That same he's in is ridiculous, though, both front wheels would almost be touching the lines if he parked correctly.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
No doubt it's a problem everywhere, but it also doesnt help that cars just keep getting bigger and bigger. Although that news report...the guy did actually drive a small car !

The car park owners should be forced to rescind all previous tickets and pay compensation too.

Bryan

RMS Regular
... Or that planning permission dictates how many spaces a new shop should have for example so they have to make them as small as possible to get the required number in.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.