first road outing for 2017..?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

rockinhorse

RMS Member
Drives
A bargain
so whats the general opinion for everyone breaking out the beloved bikes..when is the snow coming and going again, if at all ?.., is it safe to assume april or after... one thing for sure its brave and chilly these days..

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I was out today, bright and dry. Didn't even need my heated grips switched on, although I was wearing winter gloves. I wouldn't be sitting around waiting for April! Did seem to be a major slurry spreading day so watch out.
My usual turning point for nice days is 17th March.

genman

G
I just venture out if I'm in the mood but hate washing road salt off the bike let alone my kit.
Can't really set a date for being a transition between biker weather or winter... look where we live.... if you have the kit tyres bike and ability to ride in cold weather then just go out.

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
I was out in New Year's Day and then last Sunday for a couple of longer blasts. Cold but I have reasonable textile stuff which keeps the chill out. Winter gloves but I'd have needed battery ones or heated grips truth be told.

Main points which get cold quick are hands and feet, neck tubes help keep the breeze outside the jacket.

NotKG

Banned
i was out saturday , and have been once a month for a short blip, just to get it up to temp and the oil and water moving. etc....
but sat there i went a wee bit further, was only about 10 mls.
not for me yet,, between arthritis in my hands and a rubbered back from a car crash, it's going to be end of march, start of april before i venture out for a all day run.
if your fit for it, all year biking is the way to go.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
I was out about 2 weeks ago. Heated grips kept my palms warm but the backside of my hands were painfully cold. I need the temp to be in double figures before ill be back out.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Only problem I have is my pinkies freezing up, even with heated grips and winter gloves. They go cold and numb but I can tolerate it enough to carry on.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.