Fleet Insurance?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
We've a few cars kicking about the house now and all insured seperatly, only really looking into it now as its bloody expensive insuring em all. Anyone any advice on whos covers traders/fleet and what sort of limitations there are? Eg Do you need to have 5+ cars to qualify etc?
Any help appreciated or even if you know of any companys that cover fleet/trade pass their numbers on and ill go annoy them with my questions!

cheers

Harry

big cyril

RMS Regular
Abbey do Portfolio insurance which covers your house and all cars.
Saves loads if you have more than two cars.
PM me for the guy's email at Abbey.

Harry

RMS Regular
OP
Harry
Drives
V8
Yes please mate, worth a try! Pm sent.
Is there any truth in that so long as you sell 3+ cars per year you qualify for traders insurance?

cheers

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
I was on the fleet insurance, unfortunatly it wont be any good for your plans they limit you to group 10 until your over 21 or something, infact andrew was limited to gp7 i think and i was gp10, was quite cheap tho but didnt get a ncb from it

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
how does this work with each member in the policy getting no claims right enough? we have 4 cars in our house, with 3 people over 21. as each serpearte policy was started at different dates, if a switch is made to fleet (ie, changing broker) surely those months into the current policy will be lost from that current year of NCB?

Harry

RMS Regular
OP
Harry
Drives
V8
Yep lyons your correct there, but that would apply even if you just changed to a different insurance company etc.
Cyril... sorry, emptied now!

big cyril

RMS Regular
@Lyons - for portfolio each driver retains a ncb of their own and in the event of a claim only the driver involved will have their ncb affected.

@Harry - pm sent.

big cyril

RMS Regular
LOL

The number for Abbey is 0870 60 55 222 and ask about portfolio.

(And no , I don't work for them.)

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
Im sorry for dragging this up again but i the ncb for the poeple on the policy is useless no insurance company will accept it as a ncb, i tried and failed, lost 2 years because of them, altho they did say if i left the porfolio and moved on to one of their other policies for a year i would have the full 3 years at the end of it, its just a pity they were a rip off for the car i was insuring

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
BBSBOY said:
I was on the fleet insurance, unfortunatly it wont be any good for your plans they limit you to group 10 until your over 21 or something, infact andrew was limited to gp7 i think and i was gp10, was quite cheap tho but didnt get a ncb from it

each company will set different rules for their drivers, the one im on gets me 2 group 13, and the gf's brother and dads has theres til group 13, until 21.

Gormley

RMS Regular
on the policy im on there are no limitations on any of the drivers, its with norwich union and there is very little price difference between a grp 10 car and grp 16

bob

RMS Regular
The policy i'm on had me limited to 1.6 petrol or 2.0TD last time i checked.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.