Flushing out the engine?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Marc

RMS Moderator
its could be a sticky hydraulic lifter.. if not and car is under warranty dont worry about it

vibe_kid

RMS Regular
Drives
Deng Deng Deng
ZS said:
You buy a car from a company who makes everything from microwaves to ships, and you expect it to be good? :lol:

Could be worse, you could have bought an Accident...sorry, Accent. Now, they really are ****e. :laughing:

ever owned one? my da's has been goin 8 years all its ever needed is a clutch and brakes/headlights adjusted for mot! hasnt hit the tonneK in miles yet either! And still no rust ;)

Crimson Viper

OP
Crimson Viper
Drives
Integra Type R D
Marc said:
its could be a sticky hydraulic lifter.. if not and car is under warranty dont worry about it

Yes got told it was a hydrulic, its ticking around the right wheel area. if that makes any sense to anyone. But once you rev the **** out of it, it stops.

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
vibe_kid said:
emy da's has been goin 8 years all its ever needed is a clutch and brakes/headlights adjusted for mot! hasnt hit the tonneK in miles yet either! And still no rust ;)

Is that supposed to be some sort of achievement?

I drove a Laugna for 2 years, did 2 MOTs without any prep at all. When I parted company with it, it was 8 and had 150k on the clock, no rust, and most things worked. And that's a Renault!

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
My old Accent was ticky round the head area when it was first started. Once a bit of oil got up round the head & hydraulic lifters she quietend down. I used Castrol 10/40 synthetic magnytec oil in her and it helped a lot.

jamesy

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Hyundai_Coupe said:
nothing wrong with renault

Says the person with a 30k 2 year old car that's engine is buggered, but still thinks Hyundai is good. :laughing:

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
My mate had the same problem with his 1600 coupe. Cant remember I think it turned out to be a valve lifter or chain tensioner or something. Nothing that broke the bank. Engine will almost definetly not be buggered, bloody armchair mechanics know it all dont they!

Pocket_rocket

rite i cant be arsed reading the whole thread but it would seem that your car is just like my older gen 1 coupe, needs more oil.
no idea why they do it but the beta engine uses a **** load of oil, just keep an eye on it and you'll find she goes through maybe a litre every two weeks or so depending on how many miles etc.the cars reliability should not be in question at all, any coupe owners i have spoke with simply cannot fault the cars at all, built quality is superb and 5 years uncontitional warrenty says it all. how the hell did you manage to kill one in 36 hrs?? mine was near 200bhp and nos'd for a bit and she never blew up???

Crimson Viper

OP
Crimson Viper
Drives
Integra Type R D
emm well i bought my first coupe on a tuesday night, wrote her off thursday morning heading to work, put her into a ditch twice! So thats how i killed it!

It wont effect the engine me driving around till wednesday will it, as she is booked in to get everythig fixed?

I have checked her oil and she had loads in her.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
dip the oil miss HC if shes registering on the dipstick (even at the low mark) you can drive it ok - dont rev her much, be sensible or just by a litre of 10W40 oil from a garage and top up yourself!

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
u ditched her twice in one day....this mornin on the way to work....by ne chance did u sleep wake into the car and crive it away or it this just another day same **** with a "typical girl" drivn lol.

u ask wats a Jack.....ok how do ppl like u even own a car lmao

Crimson Viper

OP
Crimson Viper
Drives
Integra Type R D
no the same morning, drove into the ditch (it was the best option, there was a telegram post on the other side). Any ways when i hit hte ditch at 90mph the air bag knocked me out, and i've being told by ppl who watched it and the tracks in the ditch that i came back out of the ditch on too the road and went back into the ditch, came back out again and stopped on a driveway missing a wall by an inch.

Of course i was taken to hospital and soo on, broke my nose (got a free nose job) sprained my wrist, hurt my back, hurt a few rips, hurt my knee, swollen up for days.

Car was a major write off, not one thing left on it that could be used for parts, she was bent like an S hook too.

You mean a jack that i use to change a wheel with?
I thought ye might have meant something else?

jason Dturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
C2 GT
put some of that locus stuff in it. its like really thick oil seems to be good stuff, £8.00 thought for a liter. but diffently good stuff !!!

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Hyundai_Coupe said:
no the same morning, drove into the ditch (it was the best option, there was a telegram post on the other side). Any ways when i hit hte ditch at 90mph the air bag knocked me out, and i've being told by ppl who watched it and the tracks in the ditch that i came back out of the ditch on too the road and went back into the ditch, came back out again and stopped on a driveway missing a wall by an inch.

Of course i was taken to hospital and soo on, broke my nose (got a free nose job) sprained my wrist, hurt my back, hurt a few rips, hurt my knee, swollen up for days.

Car was a major write off, not one thing left on it that could be used for parts, she was bent like an S hook too.

You mean a jack that i use to change a wheel with?
I thought ye might have meant something else?

Wat u doing driving at 90 missus!!! U need a good boot in the ar_se!!! dont be doing silly things like that now!!!! And remind me never to let u in the drivers seat of my cars., lol!!!

But suppose on the up side, u did get a free nose job:party:

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Hyundai_Coupe said:
is it a bad sign that the noise is getting worse and my car sounds really bad?

Yes very bad, if its getting louder it's getting worse, to be on the safe side, dont drive it!!! If its just like a knocking noise now, check ur wheel nuts are tight, and u aint just got a loose wheel now., lol!!!!

Crimson Viper

OP
Crimson Viper
Drives
Integra Type R D
no its a ticking nose and its getting way louder, even with a cd playing i can still it, when i rev her a little it gets even louder. Dont want to ruin my car as i only got her in june and i'm mad about the car. Have checked her oil again and she has some, a good bit.

Yes karlos i've learnt my lesson, lucky i paid cash for the car.
Never do 90mph on a back road, its a bad idea. €7000 into a ditch and only 400euro for scrap as there was nothing they could take of it and the inside was destoryed too.

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
I wouldnt drive it love!! if u have alternative transport use it!!! It could be something silly n easy ,., or could be something major!!! but whatever is wrong with it, driving on, defo will only make it worse!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.