Focus ST install...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

rsnutter

R
There is no point putting lots of ice in a car you plan to tune - making it heavier is not a good way to make it faster. Keep the install to a minimum - Small tidy build at most - good front speakers, good rear speakers and 1 sub.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
rsnutter said:
There is no point putting lots of ice in a car you plan to tune - making it heavier is not a good way to make it faster. Keep the install to a minimum - Small tidy build at most - good front speakers, good rear speakers and 1 sub.

Yep, another example of a Ford man speaking sense (y) Simple, plain, keep weight down..end of the day who really cares if you have a mad install? Just as long as it sounds GOOD, rather than sounds like it could be heard in Cuba. Spend the money making the car handle and go better, I'm sure you'll get more enjoyment out of it. How often do you really stand gawking at your own boot :confounded:

pablo

RMS Moderator
a carbon fibre box will weigh very little :grinning:

also the likes of the phase linear aliante is a good compact not that heavy sub. a single 12 on one side, amp(s) on the other and CF build would be the ticket imo.

That RE sub is a joke btw it might be loud but will prob sound pants.

daves106

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo ST220
dont slag a sub u havent heard pablo if it sounds anything like the current xxx it will sound great it may be at its best in a large ported box but in a medium sized selaed box it would sound great

pablo

RMS Moderator
not slagging it but those big SPL monsters are never really the most pleasing on the ear. Its impressive sure but totally the wrong sub for this application.

Im a fan of RE btw ;)

Max

RMS Regular
Drives
Gaterpillars
lenny is a man of taste, so im sure he'll be going for SQ & not rattleing his car to pieces... But either way im sure it will be outstanding.

daves106

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo ST220
unless they have changed the xxx it will sound good the mt is the re spl monster xxx is more loud music

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Looks like the following will be the lineup for the focus......

Standard HU with Audiocontrol LC8 (this may change to a alpine F1 at a later date)

Connected to Audiocontrol EQL equalizer.

Front components Focal K2's powered by 2 bridged channels of my Series 3 genesis 4 channel amp - 150w RMS

Sub - 10" mcdaddy powered by Series 3 Genesis Dual mono amp - 500w rms....

Should sound well with this lot.....(y)

I am going to keep the look very subtle again.

pablo

RMS Moderator
lenny26 said:
Looks like the following will be the lineup for the focus......

Standard HU with Audiocontrol LC8 (this may change to a alpine F1 at a later date)

Connected to Audiocontrol EQL equalizer.

Front components Focal K2's powered by 2 bridged channels of my Series 3 genesis 4 channel amp - 150w RMS

Sub - 10" mcdaddy powered by Series 3 Genesis Dual mono amp - 500w rms....

Should sound well with this lot.....(y)

I am going to keep the look very subtle again.

not a thing wrong with that mate :grinning:

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Cool then.... Thats decided!!

Must get a trial listen to these focals.......

Audio Advice Iain

Drives
Zafira GSi
Focal K2's

lenny26 said:
Cool then.... Thats decided!!

Must get a trial listen to these focals.......

Let me know when you'll be available and I'll get the Monaro VXR in for you to have a listen to. The K2's are simply lovely sounding components but you are more than welcome to come and have a listen for yourself.

Audio Advice Iain

Drives
Zafira GSi
pablo said:
lenny will come away with the monaro mate hold onto the keys tightly ;)

Aye Pablo - will do.

The Monaro has a set of Focal K2P's for front end and 2 Diamond 8's in rear quarters. This was dictated by the distinct lack of boot we had to play with. It's amplified with Genesis series 3 - one Dual Mono and one Mini block.

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
2 Diamond 8's............. Thats sounds like an idea...

The focus has huge side panels.......

hummmm......

Audio Advice Iain

Drives
Zafira GSi
lenny26 said:
2 Diamond 8's............. Thats sounds like an idea...

The focus has huge side panels.......

hummmm......

It has kick certainly but doesn't drop really low obviously - but see what you think. We will accomodate what ever you require. If you are considering ever competing then we would need to discuss sub bass more as there are certain dB levels to meet now - even in SQ. Mad but true :scream:

Speak soon

pablo

RMS Moderator
whichever suits - hosting them yourself is a neater job then use the [img ] tags. A new thread would be a good bet too :grinning:

Steve VTi

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic Type R EP3
the focal k2s sound class,had them in my last car running of a daul mono. ps iain what you playing at get some pictures up,you have lots of time to do it as you do nothing at work anyway.:p

Audio Advice Iain

Drives
Zafira GSi
stevie_civic_vti-s said:
the focal k2s sound class,had them in my last car running of a daul mono. ps iain what you playing at get some pictures up,you have lots of time to do it as you do nothing at work anyway.:p

Away and race an 'FR' - oh sorry, you already did :oops:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.