Ford paint issues

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Recently bought a Kuga from trust ford, car is 2018 and in magnetic grey.

Issue I have is the front bumper is way lighter in shade than the rest of the car.

I know it's plastic and won't be a perfect match but should there be such a noticeable difference?

Looking online seems to be issues in the US with Mustangs and paint.

Basically wanting to know would it be worth getting the bumper resprayed or stop being a fussy bas#@*d

ps Trust ford said 🤷‍♂️
IMG_20210504_185000.jpg

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
My car is the same, slight difference in colour. It doesn’t annoy me as it tells me it’s original factory paint ha ha

piss poor but reality I’m afraid

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I bought a Ford approved mk2 focus in 2009 and the front bumper was a different shade and had some orange peel under the clear in places. 99% sure it was the factory finish. Seems to be standard it was also getting rusty underneath before 5 I sold it.

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
My magnetic grey mustang was the same, front and rear plastic bumpers were a noticeable difference to the rest of the car.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Just because Ford havent painted it, doesn't mean a previous owner hasn't!

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Yep. Our mk2’s front bumper was off colour but strangely our mk2.5 facelift is perfect and I know for definite it hasn’t been painted. Both white. 🤷‍♂️

MarkM

RMS Regular
They say it hasn't! I think they may be lying.

I know someone who bought a brand new van from Mallusk, side door started to rust, independant paint inspection turned up it had been painted due to damage before collection, don’t trust Ford!

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
OP
lackingBHP
Drives
mediocrely
Going to go back to them in the morning.

Can see why they parked it in the shade, between two large skips when I went to see it.

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
Any brand name with the word Trust in it tells you all you need to know about said brand I'm afraid.

davemk2

RMS Regular
the main body and bumpers are painted in different factories hence the colour difference, I could have the same tin of grey paint and spray 3 pieces at different air pressure and would look totally different

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I know someone who bought a brand new van from Mallusk, side door started to rust, independant paint inspection turned up it had been painted due to damage before collection

That happens at EVERY dealership regardless of marque.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
Anyone handy to you with a paint depth gauge? At least then you’ll know for sure if it’s been painted.

That would wind me up looking at that everyday.

KevM

RMS Regular
the main body and bumpers are painted in different factories hence the colour difference, I could have the same tin of grey paint and spray 3 pieces at different air pressure and would look totally different

This 100%. They may not even have been painted in the same country with Ford. They get shipped in and assembled.

Thats not saying it 'hasnt' been re-painted, but I have seen brand new original cars as far off as that. Light coloured Audi's can be nearly as bad.

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
Drives
Corvette
The Mustangs are bad. Badly matched bumper paint and bubbling paint on the bonnet within 2 years are some frequent offenders. Ford doesnt fix it unless you cause a big fuss. They also wont honour warranty work for paint unless you got the "paint inspection" done in all services. They wont do the paint inspection unless you specifically ask them. Even the when you get the service report you need to be sure that they tick the box.

KevM

RMS Regular
It probably doesnt help that there are at least 5 different shades listed for Ford Magnetic grey!

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I always found this with mkiv golfs, rear bumper always a different shade to the rear quarter.

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
The Mustangs are bad. Badly matched bumper paint and bubbling paint on the bonnet within 2 years are some frequent offenders. Ford doesnt fix it unless you cause a big fuss. They also wont honour warranty work for paint unless you got the "paint inspection" done in all services. They wont do the paint inspection unless you specifically ask them. Even the when you get the service report you need to be sure that they tick the box.
Yep, one of my last cars got repaired for insurance in the Ford place out the ballygowen road and I was told by one of their guys in his own words - you have more chance of getting blood from a stone than to get Ford to honour paint warranty