Ford Ranger Wildtrak Bi-Turbo

Jason

RMS Regular
Our latest work truck, loved my last one bar the gearbox and fueling the beast, so the new model with loads more tech a more efficient and powerful 2.0 Bi-Turbo engine and 10 speed box certainly improve things!

Added some wide wheel archs and 20" off road wheels with chunky Toyo tyres.

1594055956422.png

1594056036585.png

1594056114079.png

1594056186668.png

Dave..

RMS Regular
Our latest work truck, loved my last one bar the gearbox and fueling the beast, so the new model with loads more tech a more efficient and powerful 2.0 Bi-Turbo engine and 10 speed box certainly improve things!

Added some wide wheel archs and 20" off road wheels with chunky Toyo tyres.

View attachment 286242
View attachment 286244
View attachment 286245
View attachment 286246
I had a 3.2 manual and found it very bouncy, compared to our Hilux which is much more comfortable. What is the new one like?

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
I had a 3.2 manual and found it very bouncy, compared to our Hilux which is much more comfortable. What is the new one like?
I’m maybe the wrong person to ask as I didn’t find my last one bouncy compared to say an Amarok, but the new one has revised suspension and is even less bouncy

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
That looks class, but those wheels look lost! Surely you could squeeze some 22s or something on and still have chunky tyres on?

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
These things look class on the road. Real presence
Get that front silver bit sprayed black
Even more mean hahah

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Still not great. Had one recently for a week. They go very well with this engine/box combo.

Have a Raptor coming soon, too. It looks like a beast!

Dave..

RMS Regular
Still not great. Had one recently for a week. They go very well with this engine/box combo.

Have a Raptor coming soon, too. It looks like a beast!
I would love a Raptor will be interested to hear what you think of it. I would love a V8 version but still very expensive.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
That looks class, but those wheels look lost! Surely you could squeeze some 22s or something on and still have chunky tyres on?

For off road use (something that 99.9% of these will never see - never mind the fact pick up type vehicles are ***** off road compared to full body variants) small rim diameter and large overall wheel diameter (ie a lot of tyre) is preferable.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
We had 2 of the last version wildtracks and in janurary the boss upgrade his to a raptor and then just another standard one.

The bi turbo is far better to drive then the 3.2. Brilliant towing pickups.

Boksic

RMS Regular
That looks class, though I don't understand how these have got so popular with "normal" drivers as the pick up area is useless as a boot?

They're great if you need to drop tonne bags of anything onto the back of one, or even fancy sticking a hot tub up there, but for the most part it's just a big arse on a big vehicle that adds no value? Kinda like a van that everything gets wet and dirty in.

With all that said, this version looks great on the road, and I'm sure with that engine/gearbox combo it's probably close to being as easy to drive as a car?

A few stickers up the side of her and she'll be a great advertising tool too 👍🏻

-Pete-

RMS Regular
not a fan of the modern pickups personally and pretty sure you're missing some decals

6a685b610084228c8b42a1d2c3d48f81-jpg.180733

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
That looks class, though I don't understand how these have got so popular with "normal" drivers as the pick up area is useless as a boot?

They're great if you need to drop tonne bags of anything onto the back of one, or even fancy sticking a hot tub up there, but for the most part it's just a big arse on a big vehicle that adds no value? Kinda like a van that everything gets wet and dirty in.

With all that said, this version looks great on the road, and I'm sure with that engine/gearbox combo it's probably close to being as easy to drive as a car?

Benefit in kind if it’s a company car. You can also get hardtops for them

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J

Tax lol

I do use it though, Brian James coming soon, use it to hog wheels and building work too.

slapshot_99

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Focus
With hardtop as mentioned, or an Armadillo roll top or aluminium tonneau, you end up with a big old boot in the back.

Flat bed is useful too for the annual trip to builders merchants for a small bag of sand 🤣

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Nice wagon! Never had a drive in one. Is the 4wd still only an option with the centre diff locked? Never liked that - a pick up that you can't drive in 4wd on the road.