G80/G82 M3/M4 lightly disguised

MarkM

RMS Regular
Due to be unveiled in September the M3
and M4 have been spotted with those grilles lightly disguised, anyone who doubted the 4 series grilles weren’t the future for the Ms look away now!!

M3 is too tall but I quite like the stance of the M4, maybe in the flesh it’ll all make sense

jimcupra

RMS Regular
I wish I had bought a m2 instead of the 135. People are slating these "new" grills but bmw were using similar grills on the 328 80 years ago and it's a fantastic looking car.
I have to admit since hating the 4 at launch I don’t hate the Ms 8o|

Nope, couldn’t watch that idiot :laughing:
That t**t makes me want to punch the screen. But he does have an impressive collection of cars.
Funny,
I’ve just watched schmee having a first drive in the new M3

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
I wish I had bought a m2 instead of the 135. People are slating these "new" grills but bmw were using similar grills on the 328 80 years ago and it's a fantastic looking car.

I still don’t think the G82 will be anywhere near as pretty as the F82 but looking forward to seeing it, 510bhp in comp pack spec will be entertaining and with AMG going 4cyl and Audi, well just being Audis, the M cars will sell by the bucket load, last of a dying breed

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Guy in work has a blue m4 at over 500 bhp thing is a bullet. The current m4 is a lovely car especially in blue. As long as the have the noise with pops and bangs. That 4 cyclinder in mine sounds awful. Really needs an exhaust remus seems to sound well so will probably go for it springs and spacers.
But it will never sound as good as the Focus that 5 cyclinder was fantastic.

I still don’t think the G82 will be anywhere near as pretty as the F82 but looking forward to seeing it, 510bhp in comp pack spec will be entertaining and with AMG going 4cyl and Audi, well just being Audis, the M cars will sell by the bucket load, last of a dying breed

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Is it just me or does anyone else think the M Performance exhaust looks shocking. Can’t believe how bad it looks….something more suited to what you’d see in the pages from Fastcar!

A72AB9B7-0B06-4A5B-A256-E870663D0E2D.jpeg

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
It’s ****ing woeful and unlike my M performance exhaust it’s not titanium or special, just pretty stupid imo BMW have completely lost me as a customer, I’ve not warmed to the G in the slightest
and £2500+ for that exhaust too I’m sure

F8* exhaust is £3k :no_mouth:

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
It’s ****ing woeful and unlike my M performance exhaust it’s not titanium or special, just pretty stupid imo BMW have completely lost me as a customer, I’ve not warmed to the G in the slightest

F8* exhaust is £3k :no_mouth:

It is titanium

Screenshot_20211030-175512-01.jpeg

But yes, its still shocking looking

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
+o( I can’t remember who it was but someone on here used the words ‘over styled’ nail.head.

Last edited:

56oval

RMS Regular
+o( I can’t remember who it was but someone on here used the words ‘over styled’ nail.head.
Its not even that, with so much wealth to sell this stuff easily into the marketplace, the top end of the market manufacturers are just churning sh*t out for sh*ts sake. Every 5 minutes theres a new variant or model.
This isnt manufacturers being daring with design. Its just complacent egotism because they know rightly it will sell, dogs dinner or not.