Garden machinery 2017

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Hi guys.

Piles in stock, too much to mention here I'll just run thru the most popular stuff.

In the walk behind mowers the Alko is the best machine we have this year. They are made in Austria, have a 5 year warranty, really well built and good in wet/damp grass. Even the smallest 17" comes with a mulch plug standard.

Starting off at £219 for a 17" model. Our biggest seller is the 21" power drive at £399.

AL-KO Highline 51.7 SP-A self propelled petrol lawn mower 4 IN ONE AL-KO Garden + Hobby

They also offer any size with a choice of engines from loncin/briggs/honda. The standard one does most jobs, Loncin get pass me downs from honda, think Audi to Skoda, the current Loncin is a Honda from 2011 ish.

They offer a range of commercial machines too, we stock the Dormak and the Weibang in this too. The Weibang 24" roller is a cracker...around the £900 mark.

Weibang Legacy 56 VE

We also stock a range of more affordable rollers in the Cobra range.

Cobra Rear Roller Range Lawnmowers

We stock the Mitox range of 2 stroke. They do budget, mid range and since taking over Kawasaki japans business full commercial now too. Good straight shaft strimmers with blades start at £129.

Mitox 26L-SP Special Edition Petrol Brush Cutter

Up to the top end kawasaki at £££

Mitox 5300UK PRO Brushcutter

The multi tools are good too, the standard one is £219 but the intermediate 28MT is popular at £329 as it has a better hedge trimmer, comes with extra poles, the chainsaw is adjustable and it has a new engine and gearbox.

Mitox 28MT Select 5in1 Petrol Multi-Tool

Tractors the Alko is hard to beat. We do the castelgarden too but the Alko is just lovely. Again 5 year warranty, great in the wet and even the 36" machine comes with a 656cc twin cylinder briggs engine, which is totally unique in that size of machine. They've no printed circuit boards, no timing belts and superb to drive. Starting at £2299.

The guy that owns Alko built a new £90mil design centre and set them to build the best tractor that it's possible to buy. He told the engineers he drives an RS6 so wanted it to be the RS6 of the mower world, so he got a leather perforated steering wheel with a flat bottom, a contoured sports seat that adjusts up/down as well as back/forward, you don't have to open the bonnet to refuel, it has a bumper but you can't see it, all like his Audi. After launch in 2014 it won every award going, and Alko now make all Viking's tractors for them as well as a few other makes, but again they keep the best bits for themselves e.g. electric tip etc etc.

Sorry for the unnecessary detail, I just like lawnmowers. :p

We are one of the only stockists in Ireland for Allett cylinder mowers and BillyGoat leaf vacuums, as well as DR wheel strimmer mowers and field and brush mowers.

We can offer free delivery on any item, we also do low rate finance on any item over £250,, this can be done in store or remotely via an emailed form.

Last edited:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
These deals still active @lightning ?

Or would there be any deals on at present you'd recommend. Must be self propelled.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Its for my dad, hes looking to upgrade his Mountfield.

Ill send him over that AL-KO model and see what he thinks.

Whats the warranty on them?

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Its for my dad, hes looking to upgrade his Mountfield.

Ill send him over that AL-KO model and see what he thinks.

Whats the warranty on them?

5 years on Al-ko.

Send him a link to the website. They have 4 deck sizes and every deck can be had with a choice of 3 engines and 3 gearboxes. We have every one in stock.

Petrol lawn mowers AL-KO Garden + Hobby

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning how much is it for the 21" Alko power drive with the B&S engine? Also what does the warranty cover on these mowers? Thanks

The Briggs engine is an extra £100 believe it or not. I'm not convinced it's worth it, the loncin engine is doing exceptionally well. I probably have a couple of ex demos with the honda engine at around £450 also.

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
After a year with my 'bottom of the range' Alko mower, I have to say I'm impressed. For the money it just doesn't compare to the same priced offerings in the big diy stores. Everything about it just seems better built and thought out.
Though now I've a much, much bigger garden I really should think about a ride on...hmmm...how to hide that from the wife?

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
After a year with my 'bottom of the range' Alko mower, I have to say I'm impressed. For the money it just doesn't compare to the same priced offerings in the big diy stores. Everything about it just seems better built and thought out.
Though now I've a much, much bigger garden I really should think about a ride on...hmmm...how to hide that from the wife?

I bought a electric alko from Simon last year and it's been superb. Not even a hiccup. Can't recommend it enough. I don't have a big enough garden to warrant a petrol one. Highly recommended

CS

RMS Regular
Was going to look at a 10 year old mountfield 2248h model, 48” deck, 22hp Briggs and Stratton engine, approx 200 hours on it
Have about an acre to mow and was something that can pull a lawn roller , and small land leveller once or twice a year
Any thoughts on this mower

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Was going to look at a 10 year old mountfield 2248h model, 48” deck, 22hp Briggs and Stratton engine, approx 200 hours on it
Have about an acre to mow and was something that can pull a lawn roller , and small land leveller once or twice a year
Any thoughts on this mower

Mountfield is spot on, just a generic ggp machine so the same as castelgarden, stiga, alpine, atco etc etc, but reliable and good parts back up. Don't forget its just a belt drive machine so doesn't matter the horse power its not designed for proper pulling, tho a roller etc be no problem.

Reactions: CS

CS

RMS Regular
Would this be ok to pull a chain harrow to breakup topsoil which has hardened over the winter, before then seeding.
What sort of money should I be paying for this
Seems to have been well looked after with quite a few new expensive parts

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Very hard to put a value on without seeing it. Could be anywhere between £400 and £1000.

CS

RMS Regular
Alpina a decent brand? Don’t know much about them but seen a nearly new one for sale
AT8 102 HCB
22hp b&s engine

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
@CS - You do realise that @lightning sells lawnmowers as a business? He even sells used trade ins at good money.

This is a bit like asking a salesman at Mercedes what he thinks a used Audi would be like and what does he think it’s worth without asking if he has something for sale himself... :joy:

CS

RMS Regular
That’s why I’m asking his advice before I take the plunge. He hasn’t tried to sell me something yet and I’m sure he deals in or has experience in nearly all brands so who better to ask.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
That’s why I’m asking his advice before I take the plunge. He hasn’t tried to sell me something yet and I’m sure he deals in or has experience in nearly all brands so who better to ask.

I’ve had a used ride on mower from Simon (@lightning) and used it without issue for over a year but I ended up going back to buy a brand new Al-ko mower as I decided I wanted something bigger to do the gardens a bit quicker. From what I gather, the used stock changes almost daily around this time of the year from trade ins, but if you decided you wanted to buy a new mower you’d be hard pushed to find a better dealer (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.