Gaz86's 1994 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo II RS

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Who doesn't love a little parts delivery from Japan on a Friday afternoon 😁 New seals for an upcoming gearbox refresh.... Watch this space πŸ˜‰

IMG_20240412_145349.jpg

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I have been slowly chipping away at various bits which didn't seem worthy of an update and I've almost reached a point where I need an actual bodywork guy to step in and help. Doing this by yourself is no easy task but it is moving forward and I have set a date with a time served bodywork guy I used to work with. Hoping to get the back end reassembled in a few weeks time.

I started stripping the paint in the engine bay a few weeks ago using paint stripper to loosen it then a selection of wire wheels to remove it. I actually found poly strip wheels much better in the end. Got a little more than half the bay stripped last night and today I welded a small patch on the front cross member and got the whole lot primed.

IMG_20240426_175258.jpg

Ran out of primer but I'll pick some more up tomorrow and hopefully have the whole bay finished this weekend 😁

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
This afternoon's antics include getting stuck into what's left of the driver's side engine bay getting into all the nooks and crannies with the wire wheel before it gets a coat of the Bonda primer πŸ‘πŸ» Quite awkward that I can't remove that wiring loom but I'll persist as it is. Future rust isn't an option so everything's going back to bare metal on this and fully sealing it from the elements. I've also placed an order from Mitsubishi in Japan for a full set of rubber grommets for all around the car. Still amazes me I can get some of this stuff after 30 years and very thankful that I can 😁 It's the little details like this that really make a build in my opinion.

IMG_20240503_160913.jpg

IMG_20240503_163156.jpg