Golf GTI Edition 30

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
Can I just state that I am extremely jealous of it, you know my want for a mk5 gti. Stupid polo for being fun.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Good job Ben. Will look and drive great after the listed mods. Enjoy.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Lovely car, always good to find a car you're after straight away.

Look forward to the mods.

Andy55

RMS Regular
Love these. So much tuning potential and even better with the dsg box.
Had a drive in a dsg for the first time at the weekend and was very impressed.

Looking forward to how this ends up

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Set of Kumho KU39s ordered for the wheels. Hopefully be here on Friday and I can go get them mounted and on the car! Getting the car booked in for the DSG service and to get the chassis notched.

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
So my wheels arrived today, so so pleased with them. They have such a good finish, perfect quality. Tyres to come then they will be mounted. They are made by Votex, and even the boxes were official VW merchandise! Also found out that these are the same wheels that they use on the VW Racing Sciroccos!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Maybe have a mounted pic later.

Also my PCV delete kit arrived, maybe get it on tonight, heading up to Kyle's here now.

image.jpg

And while I was in TPS getting a couple of Cam followers, I ordered a TTS engine cover for whenever I get an induction kit.

AC

RMS Regular
Let me know how good the PCV kit fits, have one in my basket but not purchased yet. Will await the feedback from yourself :grinning:

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Fitted open fog grills and red US spec GTI badges front and back.

Also put the rear coilovers in the other night, only got round to getting the fronts in today and don't have any pics yet.

Teaser.
image.jpg

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Open fogs fitted and coilovers in. Really liking this pic of the car. Just taken with my phone.

image.jpg

Also my TTS engine cover arrived today. Don't want the Audi rings on it so decided to smooth the plastic cover and will put a VW emblem in its place, should hopefully look OEM.

Disassembled a brand new engine cover! The plastic cover and Audi rings just prised off.

image.jpg

First layer of isopon

image.jpg

And rubbed down

image.jpg

And after another skim of pon and more sanding it's ready for primer. Once it's painted I just need to find a VW badge for it. Don't know whether to get a sticker or something like a 3D gel badge for it.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 136

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
And the coilovers. Went for H&R Ultralows, 110mm kit. Made by a company called AH Exclusive in Germany using H&R and Bilstein parts, they are very good quality. Ride comfort is brilliant for being able to go so low.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've the rear pretty much spot on where I want it, but I want the front down more. Going to roll my front arches a wee bit and cut a bit of the arch liner out and I should be able run another 15mm down. Then I'll need widened front wings and a chassis notch to get lower.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Perfect looking OEM+ Golf there

Ah memories of ponning the TTS cover, pain in the ass to remove the bits. I had my black bits carbon dipped from Nu Finish in Antrim.

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
That looks fantastic, (y), Are you hanging onto the ed30 wheels?

Ive a 3 digit plate would look well on that :innocent:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.