GoPro HD Hero 1/2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Sanz

RMS Regular
Drives
Fireblade
I'm looking to buy a GoPro to mount on the bike. 2 models with 4 'themes' available. I have my eye on the HD Motorsport themed camera, but unsure which model. Is it worth spending the extra 70 quid and buying the HD Hero 2 over the HD Hero and is the Motorsport the best in the range? Could somone give me a review from their own experience?

Thanks,
Adam.

Marc

RMS Moderator
I also have the HD Hero 2, it has higher resolution and full 1080p compared to the 720p from the older model, the quality is better on the new one as a friend has the original, depends on what you want it for I suppose.#
Would also recommend a high speed SD card as with a small older card it looks stuttery when watched back.

sideways365

RMS Regular
Drives
X5
I'm looking to buy a GoPro to mount on the bike. 2 models with 4 'themes' available. I have my eye on the HD Motorsport themed camera, but unsure which model. Is it worth spending the extra 70 quid and buying the HD Hero 2 over the HD Hero and is the Motorsport the best in the range? Could somone give me a review from their own experience?

Thanks,
Adam.

Hi Adam

The Hero 2 is certainly a better quality unit over the original Hero not only is the sound quality better it uses the newer a5s chip which gives much sharper video quality. There are some other small additions to the Hero 2 like HDMI output and Mic In function as well as a much easier to scroll screen setup. The best way to mount the camera to a bike is using as solid a mount as possible, the suction mount that comes with the motorsport edition may tend to move around a bit too much on a bike, buying the handle or roll bar may be a better mounting option. We have both versions in stock and all accessories if you need any further advice please feel free to post on here, pm, email or call.

Cheers
John

Pro-Motion Camera Systems
sales@promotioncams.com
028 7135 7554

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Hero2 if you can afford it. Like Marc says the resolution is alot better and consequently so are the still images that it can take.

I use class 10 SD cards and the playback is flawless. The Motorsport thing isnt a different type of camera or have anything different from any other model its just the accessories package you get with it.

Edit: Beaten to it lol

Sanz

RMS Regular
OP
Sanz
Drives
Fireblade
Before I get my hands on the Go Pro, can anyone recommend video editing software? Its only for lite editing, nothing too complicated. I've heard Sony Vegas is good. All help welcomed!

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Vegas is what i used to use when i was on PC - its a great program - very like Windows Movie Maker but obviously alot better!

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Adobe Premiere Pro

If you have any photoshop experience it will lend itself well to this, also Adobe After Effects

Sanz

RMS Regular
OP
Sanz
Drives
Fireblade
Cheers lads. I should add that the program needs to run on a Mac. Any good sites to download crack versions?

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
If your on Mac then Final Cut is the only thing id be using - its what im using currently

I wont add any links but Kick Ass Torrents is a good place to look

Sanz

RMS Regular
OP
Sanz
Drives
Fireblade
Delivered 100%. Cheers John.

Can't use it yet....me being the idiot I am, forgot to order a SD card!

J_Mc_G

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza STi / ZX
I have a hero 1, motorsport edition mounted on my m/bike and the suckered job for windows and various other mount options. It is 1080p on R5 (highest resolution) as well with a class 10 16Gb card. Class job. And I use vegas.

Sanz

RMS Regular
OP
Sanz
Drives
Fireblade
Tested out the new camera at the weekend. Edited using Final Cut Pro X...nothing too fancy as i'm still getting to grips with it! Link to my video effort...be gentle!

Sanz

RMS Regular
OP
Sanz
Drives
Fireblade
Cheers, although it's a tad pixelated as I had to compress the **** out of it to get it to upload to YouTube this side of Christmas! Card's 32GB.

Daz

RMS Regular
Tested out the new camera at the weekend. Edited using Final Cut Pro X...nothing too fancy as i'm still getting to grips with it! Link to my video effort...be gentle!

Good video there. Got a gopro 2 motorsport during the week. Hoping to get using it on the banshee soon. What setting did you use for this? Is final cut a free software? I have iMovie but have no editing experience at all.

Sanz

RMS Regular
OP
Sanz
Drives
Fireblade
Cheers Daz. 1080p, although I'll try 960p for the next video as it offers more FPS. I downloaded final cut from a torrent site. I had no editing experience at all, but there are plenty of tutorials on youtube to help.

sideways365

RMS Regular
Drives
X5
Pinnicle studio hd is what I use guys, nice and simple to operate with plenty of features.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.