Gordon Murray Design T50

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Well, it's good to see him back doing what he does best. After years of trying to convince the world that eco-driving is the answer,
20190831_093900.jpg

it looks like he threw his hands in the air and thought " they won't listen, let's refresh the F1 "

20190831_092436.jpg

Get your deposits in for a 2022 release!

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Would be awesome if it stayed faithful to original look and went all motor 1000bhp+ lol

But I fear it will be another futuristic looking hybrid 4wd hyper car. There are already lots of them.

I hope they do something different

Cartunes

RMS Regular
OP
Cartunes
Drives
Schkodah
Would be awesome if it stayed faithful to original look and went all motor 1000bhp+ lol

But I fear it will be another futuristic looking hybrid 4wd hyper car. There are already lots of them.

His target is under 1000kg so I doubt that hybrid is part of the plan.......... but plans can change!

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Gordon Murray focuses on weight as the primary design factor and I really admire him for that.

The lighter a car is the more the driver feels involved.

II always remember reading the whole book about the F1 and thinking it was a bargain at £635000 with the amount of detail that went into the engineering. Seems with the value of them now I was right.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S

It's a 3.9L V12 that revs to 12000rpm and makes 650bhp, through a 6spd manual, to just the rear wheels. And weighs under a tonne. If that doesn't excite you....

He's claiming it's the last proper raw supercar. And he's probably right. Just about everything else coming out is an auto hybrid AWD weighing close to 2 tonnnes.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Just watched the whole thing. Would love to be able to half understand how he thinks about designing each aspect of the car.
Dribble........... but my Lotus Elise is lighter, has a brilliant gear change and has unassisted steering 👍

Though somewhat behind in other design areas............😂

Last edited:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Must have been media day for Gordon today as all the Youtubes have a video up. Catchpole’s was the best bet.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Worlds greatest car designer says "touch screens are actually dangerous"......... I said that years ago when I first drove a MK7 Golf.

Engine gains 28000 rpm per second 😂

The Gear stick was 8mm titanium but in a vice it bent a little so it had to go to 9mm 😂

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Almost all of the 100 cars are already allocated to owners. £600k deposit secures one.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
He was supposed to be designing a car know as T43, £40,000, 850kg, 220bhp from a 1.5 turbo 3 cylinder as a direct rival to the Alpine and Elise. Sadly there has been no news on it since 2018.

56oval

RMS Regular
I absolutely love this and I wouldn't be into supercars etc one bit. This is how it's done when the bean counters in the back room or the corporate shills don't get involved. Murray just exudes class.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
OP
Cartunes
Drives
Schkodah
He was supposed to be designing a car know as T43, £40,000, 850kg, 220bhp from a 1.5 turbo 3 cylinder as a direct rival to the Alpine and Elise. Sadly there has been no news on it since 2018.
I was involved with that one, codemamedT40. It was insane and started as a collaboration between Ford and Mazda during Premier Automotive Days perhaps. There was only one built too........ It was a shame that no-one injected some quality Dosh into the project. Group buy? Anyone want to resurrect the Belfast car industry? Sniiiiiiff

Last edited: