Great Driving Roads (NI and Ireland) Thread

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
It's not an Alpine road, but the back road between Fal Carragh and Letterkenny through the Bluestack mountains was a good drive.
1000034472.jpg

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Took a slightly different route back from Ramelton yesterday.

Headed from Letterkenny to Strabane, then to Omagh

Bit that made me smile was the A505 between Omagh and Cookstown.

Bloody driving nirvana!!! Fantastic bit of road. Plenty of straights and lovely twisty bit in the middle.

Need to find an excuse to go out there again.

An Audi A6 was playing about a bit. Unfortunately my organic speed limiter in the passenger seat was having none of it.

Still, epic bit of road to get the foot down.

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
Bit that made me smile was the A505 between Omagh and Cookstown.

Bloody driving nirvana!!! Fantastic bit of road. Plenty of straights and lovely twisty bit in the middle.
Great stretch of road. I live along that road on the Omagh side and take the Tiger along it regularly to Cookstown just to meet a mate for a coffee. The twisty part is dubbed the Seven Sisters, great for an early Sunday morning run.

25354217655_071ed9f8a2_b.jpg

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Great stretch of road. I live along that road on the Omagh side and take the Tiger along it regularly to Cookstown just to meet a mate for a coffee. The twisty part is dubbed the Seven Sisters, great for an early Sunday morning run.

25354217655_071ed9f8a2_b.jpg
I’m out this way often too. Great stretch of road.

Cookstown/Draperstown Lough Fea road is always good for a blast as well. Always quite liked the Glenelly road between Draperstown and Plumbridge too, but prone for the odd roaming sheep.

RevT

RMS Regular
I’m out this way often too. Great stretch of road.

Cookstown/Draperstown Lough Fea road is always good for a blast as well. Always quite liked the Glenelly road between Draperstown and Plumbridge too, but prone for the odd roaming sheep.

All of those are decent. Add in Gortin on a quiet day and you’ve got a good circuit.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Ballypalady Road, between Doagh and Mallusk is my absolute favourite local stager back road.

Not tried it but will give it a go.

Another near it is the Lylehill road out of Templepatrick towards Mallusk. Haven't been down it in a while.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Used to love this drive when I lived in Greenisland to Ballymena Rugby Club about 3/4 times a week - very fast road and used to set myself challenges e.g. certain minute markers and not drop below a certain speed

Ballymena Road

1689079412610.png

I like my drive home from work, especially when its clear and you get a good run - PB is 33 mins :joy:

1689079992811.png

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Not tried it but will give it a go.

Another near it is the Lylehill road out of Templepatrick towards Mallusk. Haven't been down it in a while.

Actually another just round from yourself. Ballynashee road from Ballyeaston right up to Shillanavogy road.

Then Shillanavogy, if the surface were better could be a great drive.

A high speed one, take the Collin road, turn onto Shane's Hill Road towards Larne, drive as fast as you dare.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Ballypalady Road, between Doagh and Mallusk is my absolute favourite local stager back road.

Excellent choice - remember getting air on the bridge at the end/start in my Impreza and front wheels gripped, then the rear ones, was a brown trouser incident.

Shane's Hill Rd from Larne to Ballymena is a personal favourite of mine, then turn off Shane's Hill at the sign for Ballyeaston and get a wee scalp down through there into Ballyclare.

CurtisG

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2

Use to drive this everyday to my wife’s from Ballyclare and home at 11pm usually. Was brilliant when I got a clear run. However some seriously ropey drivers on it now.

Years ago I wrote my car off coming round the really tight corner where it dips over the wee bridge on the way back to Ballyclare. Ironically I was actually cruising to the gym with my wife on damp greasy roads and binned it the day after Boxing Day. Learnt that day what lift off oversteer was lol. Thankfully only car involved and both fine.

Not the same 208GTI now despite being the same colour lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0216.jpeg
    IMG_0216.jpeg
    371.5 KB · Views: 29