Greenlight Insurance Thread

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
If I could get mine down 70, it would make it the same as last year which wouldnt be too bad.
I was able to get £160 of mine last year by ringing them up with a lower quote from online. Insuring 2 cars this year tho and thought I be able to get more than £70 off

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I'd love to insure my Datsun with Greenlight but it would need to be insured with an agreed value for a lot more than £20K, more like £50k, I assume this would not be possible Tony?

s3_trev

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 8P
So called Greenlight. Very pleasant discussion with the guy on the phone. He explain why insurance has gone up this year. To make a very long story short, its due to a decision the government made to allow old injury claims to be reopened. He said loads of insurance companies have went bust because of it. That's what he told me anyway.. He said it also applies to medical negligance so the gov are actually opening up themselves also..

Anyway, I managed to lower my quote by about 40 quid or so, by reducing the value of my vehicle slightly.

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Kyle,

When you first take cover through Greenlight (whether online or by telephone), we ask as to any owners clubs or forums you're a member of and apply the discount. Which will apply to all policies arranged at the time and thereafter, including renewal contracts.

(y)

Kind regards

Tony

Hey @Tony@Greenlight, does my renewal automatically include club discount?

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Renewed this week with Greenlight again - very good service and didn't mind me ringing back asking a few more questions (y)

hippyross

RMS Regular
This is a laugh I called to get a quote but wasn't aloud to know the price until I agreed to take the cover hahaha what sort of setup is that?
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: WSM

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
They were more than helpful when I sorted the insurance for the Impreza. Sounds strange expecting you to sign up for insurance without knowing what it costs!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
This is a laugh I called to get a quote but wasn't aloud to know the price until I agreed to take the cover hahaha what sort of setup is that?
giphy.gif
Something not right there, never had that and been on the phone with them plenty of times.

Stevie91

RMS Regular
Just got my first years No Claims and was going to move to Greenlight until I saw they don't insure RWD BMWs :worried:

Anybody got any other suggestions for companies? I've tried Comparethemarket, Hughes, Elephant etc and it's barely reduced at all so far.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Just got my first years No Claims and was going to move to Greenlight until I saw they don't insure RWD BMWs :worried:

Anybody got any other suggestions for companies? I've tried Comparethemarket, Hughes, Elephant etc and it's barely reduced at all so far.
If it's modified in any way you could try Adrian Flux, they were the most competitive for me the last two years.

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8

Don't expect it to be lower every year. IPT went up again this year.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus

Give Direct Line a go

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
as above premiums are on an upward trend and dont appear to change anytime soon. if a company says you will have lower premiums after another year blah blah do not rely on it.
im into my 40's claims free for many years, full protection etc etc etc and nothing is changing for me.

im sure many on here are in the exact same scenario and i have sympathy for those getting hammered but blame the scum, legal system, rip off tradesmen etc that continue to prey on the insurance industry for easy money and profit,

hippyross

RMS Regular
I wonder if I called the wrong number lol sounds like I got a completely different company from what yous are saying.
giphy.gif

brendy

RMS Regular
Zoe had a 1mph rub with a smaller car while we still had the x5 (some old girl hesitated having begun moving onto roundabout then stopped for no reason). number plate etc intact on x5 so damage really was minimal. Found out yesterday they settled at £17.8k no damage or injuries on our side. This is why our premiums are goinf up. her and passenger scumbag both claimed whiplash and refused 5k each trying to hold out for 10k each.. Unbelieveable.
Seventeen thousand, eight hundred pounds.

Reactions: Ben

hippyross

RMS Regular
I gave them another ring absolutely useless.
Apparently I said the last time I called I was only getting a quote off them so I could get my current insurance to beat it and that's a load of balls, he said that to me and I said well I'm only shopping around at teg minute to get the best price as you do.

Anyone know anywhere else I could try apart from Adrian flux?

dc5Civic

RMS Regular
Drives
ST
Just renewed my insurance with greenlight, as im planning on selling the car soon i chose to pay by monthly installments then I'll cancel it when the car is gone. The thing is they made me sign a credit agreement through a 3rd party and it appears to be finance and im a bit confused, can i actually just cancel that at any time or am tied in to pay the full price of it over the year?

Has anyone else done this with greenlight?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Just renewed my insurance with greenlight, as im planning on selling the car soon i chose to pay by monthly installments then I'll cancel it when the car is gone. The thing is they made me sign a credit agreement through a 3rd party and it appears to be finance and im a bit confused, can i actually just cancel that at any time or am tied in to pay the full price of it over the year?

Well there is a 3rd that deals with direct debit payments, think it was premium credit wished I was with them.

I looked about cancelling a policy with them but as I was only with them for a few months I would have had to pay a certain amount to get out. So it actually worked out only a little more to continue the policy even tho the car was off the road, plus it added an extra year to the no claims bonus which was invaluable at the time.

Basically you can cancel the policy whenever you want but depending on your agreement and how long you been with them there me be a cost to do so.

Also if you just cancel your direct debits you’ll be marked as missing payments and having a policy cancelled on you which is basically having insurance declined which you have to declare when getting new insurance.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Yeah if you end up with a cancelled or declined policy you could struggle to get renewal in other places or pay through the nose for it

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo

You're not paying monthly for insurance, you're paying off a loan for your insurance. If you cancel mid term, green light will apply the insurance refund, minus their admin charge for cancelling, against the loan balance - you will owe the balance of this.

Keith