Gumball 3000 comes to Belfast

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I'll be in Dublin on Saturday for a good look around the exotics on display! Looking forward to it and maybe seeing a few of them out and about that night.

You staying overnight @Harry also seen the motor sitting today. Looks well

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Will they be actually stopping in Belfast or just driving straight through on the way to the docks ?

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Going by Instagram they aren't hanging about Belfast as they said they are starting in Dublin then straight to Edinburgh. I would guess they are on the afternoon boat.

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
I'm flying into Dublin that Friday so will get to the Saturday event
I entered the low rent modball rally a few years ago and it was great craic

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Going by Instagram they aren't hanging about Belfast as they said they are starting in Dublin then straight to Edinburgh. I would guess they are on the afternoon boat.

I read titanic quarter from 12 to 4 on 1st May, I pray that's true as been excited for weeks.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Where are said checkpoints? Are they stopping between Dublin and Belfast or is my best bet just to park on the flyover at Hillsborough?!

Sonny

RMS Photographer
They have an event page on FB for Belfast

image.jpg

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Where are said checkpoints? Are they stopping between Dublin and Belfast or is my best bet just to park on the flyover at Hillsborough?!

My plans are head to Dublin on the Saturday and over the boarder to find a spot to watch them passing.

warren

RMS Photographer
Im heading down on Saturday for a good nosy :laughing: Was over in London the last time it left there and it was crazy. Highly recommend

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
@warren is there much to see on the Saturday or is the Sunday morning better?
I only booked a hotel for the Friday night

warren

RMS Photographer
@warren is there much to see on the Saturday or is the Sunday morning better?
I only booked a hotel for the Friday night

The cars are all out on display on Saturday so far as I know then leaving on Sunday, wasn't like that when I was there in London, they did both the same day! I'm sure it's worth a look though!

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Does anyone recommend a place to stand (safely of course) and get some pics of them coming up or even at Belfast Docks, not too sure of anywhere to get some pics, looking forward to it I must admit! some class metal going! This Matte blue F12 TDF for starters!

13043651_548152438679535_3189434044907031944_n.jpg

warren

RMS Photographer
Shmee did a video explaining the route and the impression I got was that they are just driving through

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
It's strange @Tufty as they are arriving in Edinburgh at 6pm minus travel time including boat. I can't see them hanging about to long in Belfast.

An update on there page would not go a miss they mention the first pit stop is Belfast but if there trying to get to Edinburgh for 6pm they will be really hard pushed for time. Tho I will enjoy following them from Newry to Belfast.

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
So there hanging about Belfast for a few hours then?

ill be down saturday and sunday as ive a VIP Media pass, cars are only passing through belfast there getting the 4pm boat, so the few front runner cars might hang around the docks before they need to get on the boat, but i doubt the guys in the Yugos will get much spare time to hang around lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Does anyone recommend a place to stand (safely of course) and get some pics of them coming up or even at Belfast Docks, not too sure of anywhere to get some pics, looking forward to it I must admit! some class metal going! This Matte blue F12 TDF for starters!

View attachment 112330

This is the replacement for Josh Cartu as his Blue Carbon 488 will not be finished now after all the work thats gone into it ... too much money lol ... so he had his TDF vinyl wrapped for this weekend ... his backup car is a rolls royce :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.