Guy Martin Withdraws From Cookstown

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Think he was only entered for the classic race to give his home built BSA Rocket a run out, apparently the gearbag has exploded and no parts available before the event.

DriftnSlide

Banned
OP
DriftnSlide
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Only racing in the classic i'd agree.
However........no matter how much some dislike him, he's still a quick man on a decent bike, capable of giving the best a hard time on a good day.

DriftnSlide

Banned
OP
DriftnSlide
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Its a shame the good ol norn iron weather made its presence felt at the Cookstown. They done well to get through so many races under the conditions and incidents. Fair play to the club. I'm kinda glad i didn't go now though. lol

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I was on the grandstand just before the start/finish straight. We got a nice bit of sunshine then about 2 hours of rain. Me and a friend headed after yhe second red flag in the supertwins. Once we got out onto the carriageway to Moneymore we didnt see rain until Antrim, looked like it hadn't rained all day. Then when we got home i was told they hadn't seen any all day. Sods law

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
First time in a few years now that I didn’t go to Cookstown. Didn’t miss too much by all accounts. Glad everyone got home safe, always the main thing.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
We seen the 2 crashes at the Brayside, I'm sure James Cowton is sore today. There was a few boys spun up the wheel there, even in the dry. Then the 2 supertwins washed the front. Was there any word on what was causing it, looked like a problem with the suface

DriftnSlide

Banned
OP
DriftnSlide
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Maybe his telly work takes priority these days. He's talked about jacking the racing in for years. Probably time to stop now.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
He said last year he was retiring, lost alot of respect for him. Hes turned into one of the people he said he would never be

DriftnSlide

Banned
OP
DriftnSlide
Drives
S60 D5 SE
^:^^ aye, the....i'm just a lorry mechanic started wearing a bit thin, whilst grabbing all the telly work. lol
Still a quick man on a motorbike though.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I was a massive fan of both sides of Guy Martin, it's hard to deny he is talented on a bike, and he is entertaining to watch on TV. But he's a hypocrit, just lost all respect for him lately. He's said many things in his books, then went on to contradict himself in his career

DriftnSlide

Banned
OP
DriftnSlide
Drives
S60 D5 SE
^^^ I have to agree with you there. I'm 3/4 through, When You Dead You Dead, and see what your saying.
Entertaining read all the same.
I've got.....The World According To Foggy, sitting here for my next read.

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
They've booked Armoy and the Cookstown races to clash with Scarborough on those weekends too, maybe due to road closing orders and stuff but surely it would make sense to try and get a few of the top guys over to boost the crowds, even if they are limited. I think there might be BSB and stuff on those weekends too which makes no sense to me, hard enough to get people to go to an event and pay so they'll hardly get off the sofa and go if they can sit and watch racing on their TV that weekend