Active Deal Halfords 5 Piece Lifting Kit £37.50

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chunkerz

RMS Regular
Drives
A3
Enjoy

Halfords 5 Piece Lifting Kit

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...&productId=899721&categoryId=255207&langId=-1

Halfords 5 Piece Lifting Kit Product Description
The Halfords 5 Piece Lifting Kit includes all you will need to lift and secure your car whilst you complete any under car maintenance. The set includes 2 Tonne Trolley Jack with Short Wheel Base with a lifting range of 14cm to 34cm, 2 x 2 Tonne Axle Stands for a combined lifting capacity of 2 tonnes, Padded Car Creeper for comfort whilst carrying out any maintenance work, Wheel Wrench with 17/19mm socket and 2 x Steel Wheel Chocks designed to support the vehicle in place.

Halfords 5 Piece Lifting Kit Features & Benefits
  • 2 Tonne Trolley Jack with Short Wheel Base has a lifting range of 14cm to 34cm. Made with a durable welded construction
  • 2 x 2 Tonne Axle Stands have a combined weight capacity of 2 Tonne
  • Padded Car Creeper allows for comfort whilst carrying out under car maintenance
  • Wheel Wrench with 17/19mm socket allows for a wheel change
  • 2 x Wheel Chocks allow the vehicle to secured in place

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...&productId=899721&categoryId=255207&langId=-1

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
That's a great deal and typically I've just bought a jack! Would like the rest though and anyone wanna go halves on the above and you have a cheap jack?

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Bought a 2 ton halfords jack a while back, just gets below the astra with a 30mm drop & no more, decent enough tool.

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Halfords ones don't go under the front of my 3 series have to get someone to lift the front arch up ffs

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I bought this years ago, everything works as it should, but the jack is higher than my big 3 1/2 ton sealey jack, i have trouble getting it under the subframe of my S60, but its ok for jacking on sills

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Picked one up this morning seems like not to bad, seeing as ive been paying £26/27 for a jack on its own recently and is basically the same one in this kit.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
True, it doesn't have much of a lifting range, if I lift the 740 at the jacking point it won't lift the wheel off the ground

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Last one i bought was Torq (B&Q job) lifting range is the same, think its the same jack just different colours and name. blocks under the wheels, and jacks the TT up off the ground no problem, granted isnt high enough to do anything major under the car, but enough to do what most people would use it for.

Though seeing as the TT is very low, and as was the focus, it probably helps a good with with the lifting range.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
ive had that 2 ton halfords jack for ten years and works fine still, its beat to hell.

if it wont fit under a low car just drive onto a plank or brick

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
I've got the low entry jack (not branded as Halfords though as I got it off Amazon), its done me well for over 2 years but the lift height is pish, can just about get my 3tonne axle stands under the subframe at the lowest possible height with it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.