Active Deal Halfords Advanced Socket Sets On Offer - 64 Piece From £50

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Halfords Advanced Socket Sets on offer £50 off the 64 piece set down to £50.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_241771_langId_-1_categoryId_255215

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Trade card only takes money off full price not offer price, as I found out last time I was in getting some bits.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Very good quality kits.

That said, the 150 piece kit can be had for £97 with a trade card, which basically means a much bigger and better selection of tools for the full RRP of this 64 piece kit.

Should anyone be stuck or in need of a 150 piece kit, I don't mind purchasing 1 on their behalf as the £100 offer seems to be a very rare thing these days... (y)

k11_mad

RMS Regular
Drives
n16 2.2dci
My birthday soon so shall have some dollar from family, il take you up on that Nicky if that's ok

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
The 120 piece kit is on offer all the time, in fact it is right now. I didn't think you could get discount on offer prices with a trade card Nicky, how do you get the 150 piece for £97?

Ge0rge

Banned
I have The 150 Peice Kit, Great For Home Servicing And General Maintance
i bought that then got rid as there s no half inch sockets, i broke 3 of the little adaptors lol great set though if your not into working on stubborn stuff that you need 3/8th and an extension bar for.

edit i mean half inch

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
?? Mine Has 3/8th Sockets lol

Heres The Contents On Halfords Site For 3/8th

• 11 x Metric Sockets: 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19mm
    • 9 x SAE Sockets: 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4?, 13/16, 7/8"
    • 8 x Deep Metric Sockets: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 19mm
    • 8 x E Sockets: 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20mm
    • 7 x Tamper Torx Bit Sockets 45, 50, 55, 60; Hex Bit Sockets 6, 8, 10
    • 2 x Spark Plug Sockets 10, 14mm
    • 2 x Wobble Extension Bar - 75 & 150mm
    • 1 x Universal Joint
    • 1 x 3/8" Drive Ratchet Handle

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Ahh Right, I Don't Work On My Car Much At The Minute, Only Really Light Servicing, So 1/2" Hasn't Been Bought Yet lol

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
The 120 piece kit is on offer all the time, in fact it is right now. I didn't think you could get discount on offer prices with a trade card Nicky, how do you get the 150 piece for £97?

Whether there's an offer on or not, the 150 piece kit is £97 to trade card holders. That is still cheaper than when they do have it on offer, which is only ever for a very short period of time, and would be £99.99..

That's what I was told when I went in ad bought the 1/4" Set for £12.xx and it retails all year round for £39.99... It's a huge saving, and just shows their profit margins, as they would still be making money off the trade card price...

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Yea thats some saving. Usually the trade card doesn't get me much off but I don't buy any tools. Will have to have a look-see now that kind of discount is on the table!

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
I've the 150 one as well, but the box that it came in fell to bits after a while, not built at all for heavy use. In fact, neither are Halford's tools, i've had spanners, sockets, and mostly the screwdriver sockets break on me over the years. It's all very well saying there's a lifetime warranty, but when you back to Halford's, you have to deal with the sales staff walking about like zombies wondering what a spanner is.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Yea thats some saving. Usually the trade card doesn't get me much off but I don't buy any tools. Will have to have a look-see now that kind of discount is on the table!

Buy wiper blades.. You'll see a great saving on them, and bulbs. I bought a full set of bulbs for the E30 (6 x H3, 2 x 501 side light bulbs, 4 indicator bulbs, 2 stop/tail bulbs and a clear bulb) for £12, when a pair of H3's alone were priced at £11.99. Awesome saving. And as for the wiper blades, their sets/pairs of front wiper blades are usually around £20-24, but with the trade card, they are around £10-11... (y)

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
I have the 150 piece kit and it feels good and strong. No complaints and I'd use a tool to its limits so all good

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I have the 150 piece kit and it feels good and strong. No complaints and I'd use a tool to its limits so all good

My only complaint with the 150 piece set is the lack of smaller sockets for the 1/2" drive. No 10, 12, 14 or 17mm, which sucks a bit for working on older, more stubborn stuff, where it would be cruel to ask the 3/8" ratchet to break some of the nut/bolt bonds...

BLACKY_B01

RMS Member
Drives
6N Polo & 1.8VTI
How do i go about getting one of these trade cards... Sounds leathal prices, and i am running outta tools..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.