Active Deal Halfords Bogof In Store - Autoglym

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Lol, I must go in next week and start asking what the difference is between some of their cd players - hopefully I might get some comedy gold too! :laughing:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
It's lower freezing point on the pink stuff. I buy the blue and mix it 50/50 or more when it's warmer outside and use it neat during the winter. Seem to pick up a couple of bottles every time I pass. Garage is coming down with the stuff.

New vs old. That's a belter!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Downpatrick.

We were the only 1's in the store, with 6 staff working (maybe more, but that's all I seen), and it's not a particularly large store either.

The icing on the cake was the same fella coming over to ask if we wanted a hand picking car care products, as we went in specifically for the BOGOF offer. My mate told him in the nicest possible way that we knew exactly what we wanted and didn't require assistance.

robert106

RMS Regular
Drives
172 clio
lol, he was only trying to help, and unfortunately for him found a customer more knowledgeable about a particular stock line than him. . . . lol

seriously though the concept of 'pre mixed' screen wash has always seemed like a scam to me. i have lots of water at home that i can add to the concentrated stuff. they must make a shocking mark up on the pre mixed.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Called in today and got a few various bottles of AutoGlym for good money.

I seen that they had 5 litre drums of screen wash at the door, approx 50 drums of blue screen wash to the right of the door and the same number of pink screen wash to the left, though they were priced at £3.99 and £4.99, so I asked the guy the difference in the 2, expecting 1 to be concentrated and 1 to be pre-mixed or something, but his answer was hilarious.

Me - "Excuse me, what price are the drums of screen wash over there? And what's the difference in the blue and pink gear...?"

Halfords employee - "You see, Sir, the blue screen wash, which is our own brand, is for older cars, pre-2012. The pink stuff (at this point, looking at the drums of pink screen wash with a twisted up face), which is erm, our own brand too, is for new cars. The blue stuff is cheaper because people don't spend as much money on old cars. The pink stuff smells nicer though... What year of car is it for...?"

Me "HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

The fella I was with nearly had to scrape me off the floor... :party::party::party:

He was actually almost right about old and new cars, I bet he was thinking anti-freeze!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.