Have a choice to make

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MarkOne

RMS Regular
i can get powerflow to make me this piping includin fittin for £50 (already have the fliter - see second pic:
induction_kit2.jpg

and thus convert my set up to from this
fezza4.gif

which does nada lol

OR

i can get this
ukfezsig.jpg

see bottom left pic filter set up
£95 incl P&P (filter etc included in price)
sellers words"The filter is a cotton gauze one with stanless caps that the guy who made the pipes up for me sourced and I dont know if your pipercross one will fit on the pipe either"

wats peoples opinions on this? i ca clearly see the 2nd setup gets the cold air on to the actual honeycombish part of the filter from the pic but wat do u more knowledgeable than me car folk reckon excludin mk3lad?

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
the top two pictures aren't great designs fezari. the last pic has a lovely smooth pipework which shouldn't restrict flow, i'd go with it.

brendy

RMS Regular
no right angles at all matey that'll kill the airflow, you ideally want to make the airflow route as straight as possible. to me none of them look any good, the longer the distance the more restricted up the rev range it gets too.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
i think the last one is short enough though and should get some fresh air when you're on the move.

MarkOne

RMS Regular
OP
MarkOne
brendy said:
no right angles at all matey that'll kill the airflow, you ideally want to make the airflow route as straight as possible. to me none of them look any good, the longer the distance the more restricted up the rev range it gets too.

ukfezsigcloseup.jpg

surely with the engine build and shaped how it is this is yer best bet tho?
in the second pic ive highlighted (badly - see bottom right of pic lol) where ford have the cold air feed designed to come thro

ukfezsigcloseup2.jpg
[/img]

MarkOne

RMS Regular
OP
MarkOne
after all this effort people on other ford owner sites r sayin only go for panel fliters ie k&n (?) due to the under engine heat in the fords?????

casper-ac

RMS Regular
if can ensure your filter isnt cucking warm air then its no odds.
a heat sheild is a good job.
In my corsa i made my own induction kit. it sounds crude but was tidied up very well. wish id take a pictur.
I modified the orignal airbox...and use a cone filter with an extended pipemoving airbox+filter a bit closer to front bumper.
there fore insuring straight airflow.
cold air suppl and being kept away from warm engine heat!

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Fezari said:
after all this effort people on other ford owner sites r sayin only go for panel fliters ie k&n (?) due to the under engine heat in the fords?????

its a fair enough point. If your going for pure performance, then a panel filter makes sense, as it won't suffer from heat soak to the same extent as the filter. i know from 306's that have been RR'ed, K&N panel filters always seem to produce marginally better results than filters

But if you want the sound etc... then stick with your filter. you'll probably not notice the difference in performance.

MarkOne

RMS Regular
OP
MarkOne
only noticed the sound of it til my exhaust went on now i rarely hear it....rather gain lower down torque if possible from one of the choices?

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
that second pic op[tion looks like some guys nob to me

but its probably your best option, tho i do like the look of the first option

Jmax

RMS Regular
Gambit said:
the 2nd one is a proper mandrel bent jobby so will have a smoother airflow than the first job which has a 90 degree bend in it

2nd one looks better also

have to agree with the man yet again

MarkOne

RMS Regular
OP
MarkOne
the seller posted pics up again

ready to b made

boxed9fk.jpg

on the car

inductkit9mp.jpg

fool, dont think ill b payin 95 for that anway, he wont even say wt filter it is ffs...home made version of something similar :grinning:

aaron_m

RMS Regular
it really amuses me this fascination with putting shiny tat on crap engines in an attempt to make it go faster, result usually sounds like a wet fart and power is lost....look at this for example....cutting edge :?:

100_5700.gif

drilled airbox and decent cotton panel filter will be half the price and MUCH more beneficial :grinning:

however if it is eye candy you are after, id go for option 2 :roll:

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
aarons_ka said:
it really amuses me this fascination with putting shiny tat on crap engines in an attempt to make it go faster, result usually sounds like a wet fart and power is lost....look at this for example....cutting edge :?:

100_5700.gif

drilled airbox and decent cotton panel filter will be half the price and MUCH more beneficial :grinning:

however if it is eye candy you are after, id go for option 2 :roll:

At least he had the sense to fit an air feed to it :lol:

Gaz

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.