Headlight adjustment for MOT

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Mot on Friday so she took the daily to the guy that always checks my headlights. He couldn't get them adjusted properly, adjusters are shot I assume. So had to set the electric adjuster dial to 3 to get them low enough.

I know for MOT the adjuster dial has to be set to zero. Question is, if I cover it on the dash or blank it off will that be OK?

GrantR

RMS Regular
I've had issues in the past where the MOT examiner had failed the car for headlight adjustment, when I queried this and produced the receipt for adjustment 2 hours previous it was met with an oh, ok it passes.

Send her on and see 🤷‍♂️

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Mot on Friday so she took the daily to the guy that always checks my headlights. He couldn't get them adjusted properly, adjusters are shot I assume. So had to set the electric adjuster dial to 3 to get them low enough.

I know for MOT the adjuster dial has to be set to zero. Question is, if I cover it on the dash or blank it off will that be OK?

Wouldn’t draw attention to it personally. Can always tell him the boot is full of sand and bricks 😂

DJMCA

RMS Regular
OP
DJMCA
I'm thinking there's lots of cars that don't have electric adjusters so if the dial is not there it can't fail 🤷‍♂️