Headlight bulbs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lee

RMS Regular
Just wondering what headlight bulbs people are using these days? I suppose its the same for cars but wanting these for the bike. Something nice and bright and white, nothing blue! H4. I searched and only got some old results.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
For straight up bulb swaps Osram Nightbreaker or Phillips extreme vision (think thats the name)

Thats low beam (Nightbreaker)

IMG_20170928_084019_658.jpg

Reactions: Lee

Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Lee
Cheers bois. Pretty sure either of those will change the game over my wee candles (y)

NotKG

Banned
iv the GE 130% brighter, beat the rest on all tests for brightness vs power consumption and accuracy of beam.
Halfrauds do them
Screenshot_20180726-185915.jpg

NotKG

Banned
all good and white. the little blue strip is cosmetic, maybe for identification.
previous i had crap LED.
before that full blue chinese lens bulbs and they were pure white too. .

Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Lee
Well I ended up going with those GE ones above, partly because I dropped by Halfords and just wanted something there and then being impatient!

The ones I took out were actually called Osram Bilux. Guessing this is standard spec bulb from Osram?

The photos aren't great but the GE ones do seem brighter, wider field of light if thats the right terminology. And slightly whiter.

20180727_175938.jpg

20180727_185209.jpg

20180727_213707.jpg

NotKG

Banned
a mate had osrams and they said 55/65 w and they melted the terminals, so when he got the spark in work to test them, they were drawing 90w, (how they made them brighter) but the bike couldnt handle the drain and it was a dull beam, with shadows.he changer to GE too, says theyre the best so far.

genman

G
never had issues with osram night breakers and current draw. .. i used to do the occasional hid kit upgrade but they are now an mot fail from next year... shame as when fitted to the right type headlight the beam was so much better in every way and didnt cause issues for oncoming vehicles.
Factory bulbs are just basic low cost items and never the best available.
Only potential downside is bulb life. often shorter with upgrade bulbs

NotKG

Banned
they already are a MOT failure from a few months ago, my mate insisted i run his bike up with his LEDs in and the examiner was a cheeky sod 'caus he sees me in' and asked was i trying to be a sm4rtee asze for chancing it, and he failed it. a sign is going up at the door,, # i MOT it to pass, not to be made a dik of #

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.