Heater in a 97 d-turbo

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

diffin_always

Drives
cavalier td salo
Hi i have a 97 pug 306 d-turbo. The heater when switched on makes the noise of blowng out air but does very little else! :confounded: Does anyone know what the problem could be or what to check? cheers

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
The common Pug problem - the fan breaks off the motor. So, the motor is going like the clappers and the fan is doing about 20rpm.

Should be able to pull the fan out of under the dash and check the spring clip is holding the fan onto the motor OK. If that's OK then it could be one of the wee control flaps is jammed.

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
I'd say under the glove box. Certainly where all the gubbins were in my 106 and the 504 my da had.

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
504 was the pickup. 505 was the saloon/estate version. Cracking oul motors. Mechanically bullet proof, shame the body rotted away to nothing.

They're still selling the 505 in S. Africa - no diesel version there, just the 1.8 8v petrol.

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
ZS said:
504 was the pickup. 505 was the saloon/estate version. Cracking oul motors. Mechanically bullet proof, shame the body rotted away to nothing.

They're still selling the 505 in S. Africa - no diesel version there, just the 1.8 8v petrol.

eeeeek., it as the 505 i meant.sorry my bad, however the one my da had was diesel alright., unless he had an engine replant, which could of been possible!!! cause she smoked more than our turf fire:party: but they were the only 2 RWD peugeots i knew of!!

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Aye, cracking engines those old XD-III diesels. His had petrol put in it one time by somebody, drove 7 miles with the engine overheating and seizing up every 5 minutes. Cleaned out the fuel lines and tank and away she went again.

I remember coming in the dual carriageway from N'ards to Comber at 95 in her too, looked in the mirror and N'ards was gone. I think they probably had to close the wee airport too. The airbox in them was an oil filter, so if you gave it the welly on lumpy ground it would suck in some of the oil out of the airbox. Much comedy smoke. :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.