HeavyRain/Clifford alarms

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MarkOne

RMS Regular
does any1 elses get there proximatity sensors goin bucko during heavy rain? mine is goin nutz at the mo causa the rain (im assuming)

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
how sensitive are they set?

traveling in very heavy rain on quick roads for a long distance, when i stop and arm/lock the car it bleeps to say a door,bonnet,boot aint closed .... is the bonnet one ... got it replaced today but she said she knows of it happening before in heavy rain

MarkOne

RMS Regular
OP
MarkOne
who checked it for ya? happened last nite as well during heavy rain? only askin who as were in similar location etc so b handy for me as i had teething problems with a relay in the car to begin with but that set the alarm itself of, this is just the proximity sensor but it must b very annoying for my neighbours....

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
nicola henderson (ex-car extreme) , but she fited the alarm and needed to get me the companion remote replaced under warrenty .... so she did that sensor too at the same time

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
if its beepin like that prob water in the wee sensor give it a gd squirt of wd40 helps to drive an keep moisture out

Jason MacQ

RMS Regular
The prox sensors have to be set higher when your windows are tinted...another good reason not to bother.

Therefore, water running down the windscreen sets off the prox when its heavy.

Check your manual, but if i remember right......on your companion remote the * and the boot release together knocks off the prox sensor but leaves the rest as is.

MarkOne

RMS Regular
OP
MarkOne
djlee_dj said:
nicola henderson (ex-car extreme) , but she fited the alarm and needed to get me the companion remote replaced under warrenty .... so she did that sensor too at the same time

she fitted mine too but have no contact number for her since car-extreme closed :worried:

Check your manual, but if i remember right......on your companion remote the * and the boot release together knocks off the prox sensor but leaves the rest as is.

tried this and didnt work either???

ended up goin out and opening all the doors and boot and bonnet and closing them all again, switching the alarm back on and she settled so hopefully thats its sorted (touches wood)

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
My clifford alarm goes off all the time now I need to turn sensitivity down I think If It allows me to do that

MarkOne

RMS Regular
OP
MarkOne
it does, cant remeber of hand how i did mine as it was ages ago, but its in the manual

Jmax

RMS Regular
its the bonnet sensor is settin them off as the water gets in easiest there, so if u get it moved itll be problem sorted :grinning: (its nothin to do with the prox)

Jason MacQ

RMS Regular
Fezari said:

tried this and didnt work either???
lol, Nor does mine, Its a case of having it pluged into a computer and reset as to what u can do with your remote, and how.

Jmax said:
its the bonnet sensor is settin them off as the water gets in easiest there, so if u get it moved itll be problem sorted :grinning: (its nothin to do with the prox)
What you on about? The bonnet sensor will trigger the full alarm. The prox will simply bleep as it does with someone peering through the window. 2 totally different scenarios.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
mine does this too- piss annoying.

i recall ollie telling me once upon a time something about how the interior sensor has to balance the exterior one, otherwise the interio field will creep outside the car, and vice versa.

so after getting the windows tinted, i should increase/decrease the interior one jas?

Jason MacQ

RMS Regular
Lyons said:
so after getting the windows tinted, i should increase/decrease the interior one jas?
If its gotten weaker, yes. I wouldnt worry about the interior, its not trying to read through the tints anyway, just the exterior, probably by 1 or 2 divisions.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.