Help fitting aftermarket HU in BMW E90

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Steven

RMS Regular
Drives
Nothing exciting
Anyone around the Larne (ish) area fancy giving me a hand to fit an Xtrons D709 single din HU in my 2006 BMW E90?

Steven

RMS Regular
OP
Steven
Drives
Nothing exciting
Ok I thought I'd have a stab...

All hooked up except I ain't getting any power 2 the head unit

Anyone any ideas? The only wires not connected are orange for a camera and pink for a brake.

I'm using a wiring harness for an e90 and everything else seems 2 match up ok

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
possibility of having to swap a few wires on the harness. i think vauxhalls had a thing where the power wire from the standard harness, didn't match up with the stereo's harness,simple enough swap. dont quote me tho :'/

Rushe

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaguar/ Chevy S1
There will be no ignition wire present at the radio on a E90, can be got at the cigarette lighter.

Steven

RMS Regular
OP
Steven
Drives
Nothing exciting
There will be no ignition wire present at the radio on a E90, can be got at the cigarette lighter.

Ok what do I need to do 2 sort that? Unless there's a "plug n play" style wiring harness that will do my job I think i'll have 2 get a professional on the job lol

The wiring harness I did get was a Connects2 CT20BM02 - Harness adapter

Steven

RMS Regular
OP
Steven
Drives
Nothing exciting

I'm just noticing the Connects2 CT20BM03 (i have BM02) has an additional red cable, is this what i would need 2 take to the cig lighter?

I'm guessing I have the wrong wiring harness

Rushe

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaguar/ Chevy S1
You could still use the harness you have, you'll need to cut the red wire and run it too an ignition.
Might be an idea to let someone have a quick look at it before you put it all back together again, not a cheap car to fix if anything goes wrong.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.