hippo red cv boots or similar?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ge0rge

Banned
Anyone know who would stock these in Belfast or something similar , split type one that join with glue.

Screenshot_2015-12-08-08-20-58.png

Cheers

AndyG

RMS Regular
I footed a new cv joint to my car and the boot has split already so I might give this a go

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
No I cut the old one off first, saves messin about, they are a good job wish I had discovered them sooner

jimcupra

RMS Regular
These have been about for years and they are pish. I buy my cv joints from the motor factors and the boot from ford. I get 80k from cv joints and boots that way.I

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Strong enough for the job, one just got me through a retest, all depends what your putting it on I suppose, if it was a 10k car then aye fair enough but an old £400 runabout that I'm fixing in the street in the pissin rain to get me through a retest they are just the job.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
And they also took a fair bit of stretchin and messin about and didn't tare.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
That's All it will do get you through a retest, but sure **** it by that time it's not your problem. I stand by my comment they are pish

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
How much are the hippo jobs George?

We sell the Bailcast split boots, but so many people just stare at you with a blank expression and don't quite understand how to use them! lol

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
These have been about for years and they are pish. I buy my cv joints from the motor factors and the boot from ford. I get 80k from cv joints and boots that way.I
I actually only just read that there so your suggesting that I should go to the main dealer to get the things I need for these wee cheap runabouts at 4 and 5 hundred quid that I fix up and sell on, so I should have paid more and made a bigger job for myself takin up most of the day on a wee car I will probably only make £50 to £100 just so that the person who buys it can have peace of mind in their £400 runabout? ......

Wise up

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
How much are the hippo jobs George?

We sell the Bailcast split boots, but so many people just stare at you with a blank expression and don't quite understand how to use them! lol
I didn't get the hippo ones in the end up I just popped into fyffes I think they were around a tenner not sure of the make I can check later but them and 2 packs of chemical metal £19.60

jimcupra

RMS Regular
If you read it right I said that's what I done for longevity.
If your going to be a a smart ar$e don't quote me again.
I actually only just read that there so your suggesting that I should go to the main dealer to get the things I need for these wee cheap runabouts at 4 and 5 hundred quid that I fix up and sell on, so I should have paid more and made a bigger job for myself takin up most of the day on a wee car I will probably only make £50 to £100 just so that the person who buys it can have peace of mind in their £400 runabout? ......

Wise up

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
If you read it right I said that's what I done for longevity.
If your going to be a a smart ar$e don't quote me again.
Sounded to me like you were bein the smart ar$e by suggesting I'm half assin things to cut corners.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Say no more on that now.
Clearly you can't read either now don't quote me again, I have no interest in anything you gave to say.
Sounded to me like you were bein the smart ar$e by suggesting I'm half assin things to cut corners.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.