Honda Accord Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
You can remove the listing though or you could the last time I tried.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Keep looking though, you need a Volvo :cool: It's like sitting in a comfy sofa in a comfy living room and just chill, even in the worst rush hour traffic on a dark December morning!

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Keep looking though, you need a Volvo :cool: It's like sitting in a comfy sofa in a comfy living room and just chill, even in the worst rush hour traffic on a dark December morning!
I had a V70 about 8yrs or so ago not long after the twins were born and it was great. The reason I got rid of it at the time was that it was the 2.4 petrol and I was struggling to afford to run it.

But I recall the comfort and the build quality that rivalled any BM or Merc of the same era!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The old big straight petrols are hard on the drink for sure :cool:

Think the diesels may be VAG, or at least some of them?

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
The listing is down again, so the Volvo and BM dreams are no more. Offers are getting worse the longer it’s been listed.

One guys tried to use the fact he’s “coming from Derry” as a viable excuse to offer half what I’m looking for it! I mean these Accord’s are a rare site here’s I dunno why people think they can get them for a pittance?

So I’m going to stick it through MOT in a little over 5 weeks time and try from there or maybe I might listen to my wife this time and kee………… and kkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeww,……. Kkk……

Nah I can’t bring myself to typing it! 😂

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
"I'm coming all the way from xyz", that's a timeless classic! 😅 🙈
I mean I’d understand it if maybe he was coming from Cork or if we perhaps lived in England where it’s maybe half a days drive away, but here in Northern Ireland you’re maybe 1.5 or 2hrs drive away from anywhere at most! And to use that to beat down a price by half is just ridiculous!!

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
The car had been making a strange squeaking noise from the drivers side front when steering, typically though when a certain 15.5st driver wasn’t sitting in the drivers seat there was no noise.

So having had a quick look around I noticed that the upper ball joint rubbers didn’t look too healthy and decided to replace both upper arms.

Safe to say the ball joint was beyond its best!

Steering feels lighter now than it did before so clearly the ball joint was binding a little.

Only thing is now I’ve an abs light on, so I must’ve been a little heavy handed with the abs wire when removing the shock or upper arm! 🤦🏻‍♂️

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
The car had been making a strange squeaking noise from the drivers side front when steering, typically though when a certain 15.5st driver wasn’t sitting in the drivers seat there was no noise.

So having had a quick look around I noticed that the upper ball joint rubbers didn’t look too healthy and decided to replace both upper arms.

Safe to say the ball joint was beyond its best!

Steering feels lighter now than it did before so clearly the ball joint was binding a little.

Only thing is now I’ve an abs light on, so I must’ve been a little heavy handed with the abs wire when removing the shock or upper arm! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hopefully it’s something daft like the connector not seated right. Nothing worse than fixes causing failures.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Hopefully it’s something daft like the connector not seated right. Nothing worse than fixes causing failures.
I’m fairly certain it’s the drivers side as it snagged on the coil spring when I was trying to remove the shock. Was hoping I didn’t have to remove the shock and when I discovered I did, I didn’t go easy in a wee fit of rage lol.

Worst case scenario it’s a sensor, but I’ll check the plug in the morning

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.