philipand

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic Type R
After a short two year hiatus from Honda's and petrol cars, I decided now was a great time to get back to what I know and love!
I purchased the car in September having gone from driving almost 30k miles a year to well hardly any, working from home perks and all that...
The car is the full GT Spec finished in Milano red, all the usual bits and pieces as expected with the Type R
This is a 2017 model and registered as number 7833, Honda only produced a total of 8007 of these cars and only to the European market, not America like the current FK8 so this is one of the very last to be made and the second last one to be register in N.I. The car is low miles, full Honda History and Extended Honda Warranty, very clean and a credit to its previous owner.
A total of 21 of these where sold in Northern Ireland and I believe there is only 19 left here with two being sold over to England in the last few months.

Having driven both the FK2 and FK8 I always found the FK2 to be the more aggressive and somewhat more of a driver focused car, the FK8 has a lot more refinement but this always made it feel soft to me, but I do still like it. The car is very much a complete package, just shy of 310bhp, strong brakes, Plate Limited Slip Diff, Manual Gear box, bucket seats..the list goes on

There are no real plans as such this will be more of a picture/story thread for the car, enjoying it and keeping it clean

Collection day back in September, I was properly over the moon with it!

IMG_8504_Original.jpg

And now on my own registration

IMG_1338.jpg

Will update with more photos soon but thought now is a good time to get the thread started!

R36_

RMS Regular
Drives
R36 Passat
Great choice. I owned a CW FK2 for almost 2 years. Loved every minute of it. I’d recommend getting a remap if you would like more power. Very easy to squeeze 60/70bhp out of these on a map alone. Health to enjoy.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
still a very fresh design... but may I suggest spacers at the rear?

philipand

RMS Regular
OP
philipand
Drives
Civic Type R
Thanks for all the comments, a few more pictures of ownership over the last few months

Probably one of my favourite things about this car, the seats!

8C24C14C-0657-49FB-A2B3-A65E593A65C2.jpeg

Took the car for a drive with a few friends,
M140i and Alfa Giulia Veloce
Three really great cars, the M140i is without a doubt the fastest in a straight line and the Alfa is just a lovely place to be in and not slow either!

FBC4595F-C60F-4AD1-8399-E5B903FE0C80.jpeg

Parked up in the sun outside the office

BA695A4D-3190-4A8A-BB40-AABFEA5E4082.jpeg

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
This was one of those cars that grew on me. I didn't like them at first but now I think they're class. Health to enjoy👍🏻

philipand

RMS Regular
OP
philipand
Drives
Civic Type R
Sadly my ownership was shorter lived than I though, long story short a note was left by someone looking to buy the car off of me, after seven months of ownership I’ve decided to let it go and now the struggle starts with finding something to replace it that will offer the same enjoyment/fun...suggestions welcome!

My last photo of the car, all cleaned up, original reg on and ready to go to her new home!

9502A101-7E7F-4475-A721-8EF4B76A53B6.jpeg