How low should I go?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bryan

RMS Regular
As part of the Carina's transformation I'm sourcing a set of lowering springs for it to decrease the roll on corners. But, how low should I go? Car is currently on 15s and won't be on anything larger than that.

Opinions??

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
i would be fitting shocks to that moor myself before i fitted springs, shortened shocks at that, say out of a starlet, they would fit, bounce on the bumpers and you will see, but apart from that, when on the track, actually handles better the way it is around kirkiston

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
just put sandbags in theboot!, remembering the car has next to no weight at the rear, and can be lifted by me, which i done stupidly one day as a bet, sandbags, would add the weight and get her low

vza

just get a coupla heavy set mates and employ my patented "phat ******* lowering system" as seen at many cruises :laughing:

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
You're only allowed one passenger at most on track days and I intend to compete in the Hillclimb & Sprint series with no passengers.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I had uprated KYBs in the corolla. She was a hard hard bastid! Equivalent to the Konis screwed up tight!

Andy

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Bryan said:
You're only allowed one passenger at most on track days and I intend to compete in the Hillclimb & Sprint series with no passengers.

so you will need cage, engine cut out and extinguisher then too ?

also you need a passenger seat to compete in road class m8 incase you didn't know

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Well the car has two seats in it at the moment and will have in the future as well.

Engine cut out is no problem and fire extinguisher isn't either. The roll cage will be the biggest hurdle.

Anyone have any links about the Sprint & Hillclimb rules and regulations/classes etc?

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
you need to get hold of the 'blue book' msa rules and regs to find out all the do's and don'ts of the different classes.

If you intend to run in in a road class, then you don't need a cage, but she must be road legal, MOT'ed etc. Otherwise your looking at a modified class, which means a proper cage etc.

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
to run in road class the car does not have to be road legal at all, the golf im doing next season is not, and done last seasons in the road class
road going class is basically, standar tyres, can be lowered, not allowed brake modifications, are allowed engine mods, seats/dash/etc, doesnt need a cage, basically you can drive a road car down and compete, or you can have a car sitting that is not taxed or mot'd but pretty much standard, d compete in the road going class also

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Nowhere makes lowered springs for a Toyota Carina II so I'm probably gonna have to get them specially made. 100mm would be too low IMO - I'll stick with 40 for now.

sideways365

RMS Regular
Drives
X5
Heñdy said:
www.coilsprings.co.uk

Get a set of 100mm to ****...

at 160 quid for a set its not worth it for a carina est, esp. when its not even for a rd car! :lol:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.