How to Beat UUJ Parking Scheme

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
buy an elise!! :p

seriously lol was leaving uni the other night with a mate to go to rugby and pulled up to the barrier to swipe my card then vrrrrrrrroooom............ an elise drives over the ramps and UNDER the barriers!!!

at the time was very funny and unexpected but a genius (but very dishonest :roll: ) way to beat the system :p

PeteM

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat CC
i tried gettin a new ticket and running back to my car and gettin out for free but they must have some sort of weight sensor device :worried:

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
another way to beat it (long way) and this is if u have a mate with a anual pass:

mr x - annual pass holder
mr y - cheap skate

get mr x to go up to the barrier and scan in but dont go in

then mr x waits for the barrier to come down

then he pushes for a ticket and goes in

give mr y the new ticket then both of u end up going out for free cos your mate has just given u a new ticket which has the first half hour free :laughing:

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
[bear in mind ive had 4 double JD and cokes here!}

Is the elise read? tyhjought io seen it yesterd\t??

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
if its the same one its been there for years, used to park out side the accomodation office years ago when i lived on campus

Bryan

RMS Regular
Whenever I go to UUJ in the van to deliver stuff the barrier usually just lifts up itself and I just hit the call button on the way out and walla - there must be someone watching cameras or something.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
My friend sold his Cooper S Mini and bought one in the summer, he had to buy a 2nd car though as they arent the comfiest to be commuting to Belfast in everyday, nice car though really just a toy.

Emmy

never seen an elise in uu, mind u i dont wander round the other car parks, i park by block 16. I heard they were quite uncomfortable to sit in but a real drivers car, but they arent too high on the bhp i hear? its only the top spec model thats really quick

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
hardly any weight though so the power to weight ratio is good and handling is nimble :grinning:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
boydie, why not just buy your own land out at uni, and get it tarmaced for your own private car park?

vza

PeteM said:
i tried gettin a new ticket and running back to my car and gettin out for free but they must have some sort of weight sensor device :worried:

have you been watching mr bean?

ibitza

RMS Regular
Drives
seat ibiza
do you know what works, if ur mate gets directly behind you in his/her car and as soon as the barrier goes up use both drive out , it wont close , me and my mate have done it loads of times and works everytime

isaac

just tail gate the person in front of you. it has worked in every multi story ive ever been in, the barrier wont hit your car, just keep very close to the car in front

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Lyons said:
boydie, why not just buy your own land out at uni, and get it tarmaced for your own private car park?

that would be perfect - stay in bed longer :laughing:

the elise is prob driven by a professor - it was there last year too

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.