How to Find MOT Cancellations Using MOT Hub

Sponsor

Sponsored Post
MOT testing in NI has always been a pain, but when multiple test centres were shut down during COVID it greatly exacerbated the backlog. We are now currently dealing with multiple month wait times across practically all test centres. This is bad news for anyone that has their tax due before they can get an appointment.

This means that you are basically forced to find a sooner appointment by finding a cancellation. This is easier said than done.

The Old Way
In the past, the only way to find these cancellations was to find them yourself by either constantly refreshing the DVA website or by calling them and hoping they had a cancellation they could give you. This method comes with a lot of obvious downsides, such as:

● Extremely time consuming
● Forced to take whatever you can find making for an inconvenient date, time and/or test centre
● Luck of the draw

Luckily this is not the only option anymore.

MOT Hub: The Best Way to Find MOT Cancellations
If you are looking for a hands off approach to finding MOT cancellations that eliminates all stress and worry we have you covered. With MOT Hub you can expect:

● Find a new appointment fast (often within a few hours!)
● Get a booking that suits you best (pick your date, time and test centre)
● Hands off: We do the hard work for you
● Automatically book your new appointment and send you the details

Interested? Here’s an overview of how it works.

How MOT Hub Works
It’s really simple, the full process is outlined below:

Step 1: Have an Existing Booking
To use MOT Hub, you will first need to have an existing appointment. This means you need to have a valid booking reference number as well as a VRN. You can find your booking reference number in the email the DVA sent you.

Once you have this info you can Input it into the form on the homepage.

Step 2: Select Desired Criteria for New Appointment
This is where MOT Hub shines. It allows you to select your desired test centres, times and date range that works best for you.

In the example below, you can see Armagh, Craigavon, Lisburn and Newry were selected test centres. The date range of 10/11 - 17/11 and “Evening” were also selected.

Step 3: Add Contact Info
MOT Hub will contact you as soon as a new booking is found for you, so it is important that a valid email and phone number are added. This way you can be notified right away along with the new booking details.

Step 4: Sit Back and Wait for a New Appointment
MOT Hub will now go out and begin the hard work of looking for cancellations that meet your desired criteria and as soon as one is found it will be booked for you. As mentioned prior, once a new appointment is found you will receive a text and an email containing the new booking details. New appointments are often within hours of signing up!

Want to Give it a Try? Head on over to MOT Hub to get started!

The Free Method
Even though MOT Hub is the easiest and quickest way to find a MOT cancellation, it does have a small fee for the service. If you wish to save a few quid you can use a free cancellation tool such as motcancellations.co.uk.

This website will display current availabilities across every test centre. It refreshes constantly so if you sit on this website you should also be able to find a MOT cancellation that you like. This way is still time consuming, but it is a much better way compared to using the DVA website.

Pro Tip: Sort the date by the earliest to see current availabilities that are coming up the soonest!

Wrapping this Up
The entire MOT system in Northern Ireland is a mess, but hopefully this article gave you some good options on how to best deal with it. These should make your life a lot easier and less stressful.

Read the Entire Article Here

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Welcome mot-hub.co.uk as a new forum sponsor, no doubt many of you have used their services.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I’ve used your services a few times, talked about you on the podcast and think it’s a brilliant service.

Well done and welcome along

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Alright, colour me impressed.

Booked one for March ages ago (due in January) - signed up about an hour ago and just got a text that I have an appointment a few days before it’s due.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I'm trying to get a date for my aunts car. Have a test booked for March 24, but the test is due at the end of this month. I've been checking a few times a week, without success, and here's the clinker, the DVA site now sends an authorisation code to the email address that was used to book the test, before allowing you into the site to change appointments.
Does this impact on MOTHUBs ability to check cancellations and suggest a new date?
Cheers.
Niall

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Just so you are all aware, MOT Hub aren't active on the forum, so any direct queries best dropping them an email

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Mot Hub replied earlier, and said they're going to be 'down' for a few days while they figure out a work-around for this issue.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
I'm trying to get a date for my aunts car. Have a test booked for March 24, but the test is due at the end of this month. I've been checking a few times a week, without success, and here's the clinker, the DVA site now sends an authorisation code to the email address that was used to book the test, before allowing you into the site to change appointments.
Does this impact on MOTHUBs ability to check cancellations and suggest a new date?
Cheers.
Niall
Whens the tax up?

As long as its road worthy, taxed and a test booked why worry about bringing it forward?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Mot Hub replied earlier, and said they're going to be 'down' for a few days while they figure out a work-around for this issue.

Presumably they’ll have to handle the entire booking process now.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
i don’t care how stuck I was, there is no way I’d be paying for this service.

I will firmly place my tinfoil hat on my head and say, I believe these services are making an already broken system even worse to navigate. I book a heck of a lot of MOTs per month and have found it easier this week booking MOTs, co-incidence?

RevT

RMS Regular
MOT’s this week have been much easier, loads of different appointments for days in the coming days/weeks.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah there has been a “change” this week, there are a lot more appointments available now 🤔

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
For sure, a mate didn't realise his MOT was up.. I told him he's ****ed as its hard to get a date. He checked and had any amount of dates to choose from.. Got one for the next day in Balmoral.