How to get Enduro Experience?

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I am planning on doing an Enduro Adventure tour of Mongolia next year around the white lake. I have not been on holiday in a very long time (Because I travel for work) but this will be a special once in a lifetime trip, exactly my type of holiday, I don't do sitting on beaches. Only way it could be better is if there was also some whitewater kayking and skydiving.

It won't be an easy holiday in any way, There is 1500km to cover in 7 day mostly all off road, will be covering 350km on the first day alone.

This is not helped by the fact I have zero off road or Enduro experience.

So my question is, how do I go about getting a little bit of enduro experience before I go? I don't have a ton of money to use for this either.

By the way, if anyone think they would like to do this also let me know. None of my friends can afford it, have the time away from family to do it or are just plain not into adventure and would die with a night away from civilisation. I may be able to go with one of the engineers from my yacht, but otherwise I'll be going by myself.

Phil_ray

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Rav4
that looks amazing, if i wasnt tied down with family work and what ever else **** ive got going on that looks pretty epic.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
As long as you can save enough to pay for it, it can still be done. With planning ahead nearly everyone can manage 10 days off work, and family can survive without you for a week as long as you are not a single parent. Might be slightly selfish, but for a once in a lifetime experience to make memories that you will take with you for the rest of your life its worth it. Seamen and Soldiers spend half the year+ away from family, so 10 days is nothing. And unfortunately its not the type of thing most can do once the kids leave and you retire to to the physical nature of it.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Might be worth getting an Enduro bike for the road to at least get some seat time before you head. Or possibly look at booking for a weekend with Torotrails in Spain. I don't think there are many places for Enduro in Nothern Ireland, a motocross bike and local tracks would probably be as close as you will get.

Looks like some adventure, would love to do something like this.

SlowRider

RMS Regular
Bike fitness is going to be your biggest issue, closely followed by skill level. I've done short enduro tours in Spain and it's relentless, especially if you're with a fast group. There's no scope for green laning here so get an MX bike and practice. You'll have to have good boots that are well broken in etc before setting off for a 7 day adventure.

Do you have enough time/money for a trip to Mick Extance in Wales?

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Might be worth getting an Enduro bike for the road to at least get some seat time before you head.
I'll look at some cheap options, don't need anything fancy, just something that runs without problems. At the very least some experience in some fields and paths would be better than nothing.

Looks like some adventure, would love to do something like this.
I wish I was rich just so I could do things like this all the time. If I had my bosses money, this type of thing would be my life. Unfortunately most of the elite rich lead extremely boring lives and lack any sense of adventure. Seems to me that when you get rich you forget why being rich is good and it becomes just about having the money, making more and showing off to others how rich you are while doing things normal people do but just spend more doing it.

I would view it as if you had £10+ billion in the bank, you never need to work another day in your life. You could wake up every morning and whatever you want to do anywhere in the world you can do. Fancy learning to fly a helicopter, no problem, want to scuba dive in the Philippines, no problem, want spend a week thrashing a top level trophy truck off road, no problem. Want to go big wave surfing in Hawaii, sure, bring it. Want to ride across Mongolia or Morocco on an enduro bike, bring it on. Want to build some of the sickest custom cars and bikes in your own fully quipped workshop, easy. Want to set a record for paragliding over some mountain range or hiking a currently unexplored route through some mountain range or see if you can summit Everest, why not.

And while doing so you could set up some local charities and schemes to give back you your community and you'd have enough income from interest alone that it wont even dent your account. You really can literally do anything. I'd for sure do the Mille Miglia and something like Dakar.

Having worked with billionaires for over 10 years now the sad reality is 98% of them live extremely unremarkable lives and outside of business achieve very little

Bike fitness is going to be your biggest issue, closely followed by skill level. I've done short enduro tours in Spain and it's relentless, especially if you're with a fast group. There's no scope for green laning here so get an MX bike and practice. You'll have to have good boots that are well broken in etc before setting off for a 7 day adventure.
I think I can train well enough to cope, at least a lot of mountain biking would transfer the standing position to arms and legs a bit. Not got any false ideas though, I know a lot of people take falls on this trip.

I'll be hiring equipment in Mongolia, but I guess getting my own boots would be a good idea.

Do you have enough time/money for a trip to Mick Extance in Wales?
Time yes, money, I'll see. I'll look into it, looks like they start from beginner and it looks like my idea of a good time so it would definitely be of benefit to do this. Would be great if I can get a mate to join me. The more prepared I am the more I will enjoy Mongolia.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Todd's leap do enduro play days they've a big enduro park. Think there might actually be one this week or next.
Doesn't mention anything on their site?

N.I Off Road Training | Enduro N.I

www.enduro-ni.uk
www.enduro-ni.uk
Thanks, Might be of use.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
Doesn't mention anything on their site?

Thanks, Might be of use.

Appears it was on Sunday just past.

Alexmck

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
I have that for sale £2500
09 250cc well serviced well specd bike
Sticker kit will leave it mint
Moted and tax book there

Attachments

• IMG_2287.jpeg
    IMG_2287.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
This looks info looks out of date (2021), but might be worth a call.

Magilligan MXPark: (on Facebook)

Bookings for the incoming week and weekend will open every Monday evening at 6pm
(messages before 6pm will not be acknowledged)
📱
07786 852844
(Text message or WhatsApp only, No calls)
All Track bookings must now be done through this number
Opening days and times-
Wednesday 10am-3pm (morning session)
3pm-8pm (evening session)
Saturday 10am-3pm
Sunday 10am-3pm
Please state the following in your text message, following the example below-
Riders Full Name- Jett Lawrence
Bike Size- 250f
Track to Ride- Track 2
Day / Date Wednesday 16th June
Contact Telephone Number- 0800 161616

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I have that for sale £2500
09 250cc well serviced well specd bike
Sticker kit will leave it mint
Moted and tax book there
Temping, but I think I need a cheaper one, doesn't even need to be road legal. Got my car build to pay for and a massive lane concreting project coming up, money is tight.

Its possible I could buy it, use it for a few months and then hopefully sell it for the same price. But not sure thats a good idea.

This looks info looks out of date (2021), but might be worth a call.
Had mates who used to ride there. But its pretty much a full on Motocross track, a bit much for what I am looking for.

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
I'm pretty sure @clrrk does some Enduro riding. Might be worth speaking to him.

Don't know how I missed this, apologies @EF Ian but yes, some enduro is a bit of an understatement.

dunmore-sprint-2.JPG

I'm currently racing 3 enduro championships in NI. In terms of practice days, they are few and far between, but Todds Leap and Dunmore Off Road would be the main 2 that run practice days. Unfortunately the lack of days outside racing means you really need to get to know some riders in your local area and find out where 'the spots' are as everyone keeps where they practice close to their chest in fear or everyone finding out and the busys putting a stop to it.

Id recommend joining the NI Enduro facebook group, Stevie who runs it also runs NI Off Road Training and is great at keeping the community up to date with what events, races, practice days, training days etc that are happening across the country.

In terms of bike, you won't get anything for less than £2500. Sport is growing in popularity and bikes are in demand, which is also good as second hand stuff normally holds its money quite well. Just make sure you get an enduro bike and don't just settle for an MX bike. I done this for my first 6 months of enduro and honestly it was a waste of my time, the suspension and engine characteristics of an MX bike just don't suit enduro, especially when you get into the technical stuff.

If you need any advice or have any questions fire me a DM and I'll do my best to help.

Clark

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Don't know how I missed this, apologies @EF Ian but yes, some enduro is a bit of an understatement.
Thanks for the reply, sorry for my late response.

Unforntuanly I think this will have to go on hold for longer than planned due to car project costs. Would still really like to do it sometime and therefore get some experience first, got a few ideas from here now.

Would probably try and do something at Mick Extance and also perhaps get my own bike for a few months before selling on to help with the trip costs. But this will be likely 2025 by the time I recover from my build.

ErvinMalone

Drives
Ford Everest
I am planning on doing an Enduro Adventure tour of Mongolia next year around the white lake. I have not been on holiday in a very long time (Because I travel for work) but this will be a special once in a lifetime trip, exactly my type of holiday, I don't do sitting on beaches. Only way it could be better is if there was also some whitewater kayking and skydiving.

It won't be an easy holiday in any way, There is 1500km to cover in 7 day mostly all off road, will be covering 350km on the first day alone.

So my question is, how do I go about getting a little bit of enduro experience before I go? I don't have a ton of money to use for this either.

TechOnGame provides a safe and trustworthy environment for users, ensuring that every application is thoroughly tested before being posted to the website.

By the way, if anyone think they would like to do this also let me know. None of my friends can afford it, have the time away from family to do it or are just plain not into adventure and would die with a night away from civilisation. I may be able to go with one of the engineers from my yacht, but otherwise I'll be going by myself.

As I see it, you should prepare to have some extra money. Because it helps you with many things and also puts your mind at ease. And if you are passionate about that place, you can go there. I also go far when I have enough in my pocket

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars

Todd's Leap in Ballygawley might allow you the chance to get off road experience on two wheels.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Hoping I can afford to do this once my car build is done. But for now its still on hold.