how to remove make up from car interior?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lappin

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi RS3
whats the best way to remove makeup from interior car palstics?

going to give the girlfriends car a good clean tomorrow and her steering wheel, door handle etc is quite dull from makeup getting into the grain of the plastic.

any hints or tips?

cheers

JDH

RMS Regular
Drives
ej9 civic/VW pol
plus if anyone knows how to remove make up/fake tan from the material part of a door card? my car has a good few marks due to the gf. (sorry to thread jack seemed relevant thou (y) )

hippyross

RMS Regular
I use TFR an upholstery sponge, its a c*nt to get off I dont understand how i gets every where are they puting it on while driving :scream:

Dominoka

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova/Vento
Ordinary make up remover wipes/cleanser & cotton pads work ok for steering wheel etc in my experience. But it might depend how long its been on there for. There is mascara on my head cloth that's been there for a couple of years that I cant get off.

Lappin

RMS Regular
OP
Lappin
Drives
Audi RS3
its just make up, like pinky/white powder make up in the grain of the plastics, not mescara or nail varnish etc

il give that a go, was tempted to just cover it up with a load of back to black but decided id do it properly and take it aff lol

Lappin

RMS Regular
OP
Lappin
Drives
Audi RS3
after trying about 5 different products i got it all off with simoniz dash wipes and serious elbow grease. cheers for the suggestions.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I was about to suggest the dash wipes, Halfords sell them in gloss and matt finish. I use them all the time just to clean dust/etc off the dash, very easy to use and get in at tricky places.

Sailorbaz

RMS Regular
Scotland/Co Tyrone/ Rio de Janiero, Brasil!
Drives
E46 CSL and F10
Some useful tips on this thread. The Mrs golf is plastered in fake tan, I HATE the stuff. Sun visors, steering wheel, gear stick, door cards, everywhere.

I went at the roof lining where you put your hands to pull the visors down, with a damp cloth the other day and it brought it up well actually. Will have to try some of these products next time, cheers.

Lappin

RMS Regular
OP
Lappin
Drives
Audi RS3
^^ for the plastics the simoniz citrus gloss interior wipes took it straight off, had to give the handbrake a full on handjob with the wipes to get it off lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.